FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Boat motor issues  (Read 959 times)

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
Boat motor issues
« on: Oct 17, 2004, 07:01 PM »
Question for those of you that know anything about boat motors. I have a 25hp evinrude that has been very good for me over the years. It by the way is a 1986 model. The only issue I have is when I troll. It will be going along nicely when all of a sudden it just dies. It stops so suddenly that I always fear that I hit something. One pull later and it is running again. This will repeat itself once an hr. Any ideas and how can I get it corrected.

On another note I have parked my boat for the winter. Yes it was sad and I had no choice but to have a beer while I was doing it but it is that time. Bring on the hard water. 8) 8) 8)
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Boat motor issues
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2004, 07:37 PM »
My johnson 30 hp, same vintage, will do the same thing. Basically the plugs are loading up and fouling out. I went to a different prop so I could troll at a higher rpm and still move approximately the same speed.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2004, 07:44 PM »
Thanks RG
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

monarkman

« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2004, 09:16 PM »
What do you mean you parked your boat for the winter the water isn't even hard yet ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.