FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Thieves  (Read 3678 times)

pot-belly-pike

Re: Thieves
« Reply #15 on: Oct 15, 2004, 12:16 AM »
Well  in my car  they broke in  &  took my tape player   used  A <torch> to remove it
No Kidding
Smile it makes others wonder what your up to

~:+)

oh no fish-on i gotta get fishin

devil-man

« Reply #16 on: Oct 15, 2004, 12:29 PM »
I have had a trap in my local bass pond all summer, tied right to the dock. I know people have taken minnows out of it, but I'm ok with that, because they replenish the bait. It's kind of like a community trap- only about 6 people are allowed to fish there, and we're all friendly.

Well- I'm going to have to retract the above statement.
I went back Wednesday to try to coax some fall bass and some SOB had stolen my minnow trap. Cut the rope and left it hanging right on the dock.
I was a little PO'd and didn't fish for very long...

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #17 on: Oct 15, 2004, 12:39 PM »
This thread reminds me on monday my buddy and his kid went crappie fishing a i threw out a marker to mark a hump and it's a real small lake so we  left it there to fish another spot so we could go right back there again and not have to search for it again anyways we moved and went back to do a couple of drifts by it again and we drifted a ways past it when this boat with two younger guys in it drive up and the one guy is reaching over the side to grab it :blink: so we yelled at them hey that's mine and they roared off lucky thing we were near it or it would have been gone >:(

The Rocket

« Reply #18 on: Oct 15, 2004, 12:45 PM »
That's just enraging. >:( Destroy the boat for the motor.
My great aunt Helen was the owner of a family grandfather clock. It had been in the family for about 100 years.
The day she went into a nursing home, that night it was stolen from her home.  >:( >:( >:( >:(
One of my Grandfather's ark welder's was stolen from the garge on the old family farm, as well as a tractor >:( >:(
On the old farm, there are probally 50 no trespassing signs, and every year, people destroy them and tresspass.
Every year turkey hunting on the farm, we catch people trying to kill turkey's on OUR LAND >:(
We've cought guys just as they were crossing the fence. We've had shot's fired only at time's 100 yards behind us >:( I know how it feel's guys!! We've almost been shot on our own land. >:(
it;s disgusting how little respect people have for you and your property.
When we write down the name's of the people we catch on our land, they start Bit****g about it. One of the excuess that we heard 2 years ago was "There wasn't a no tresspasing sign where I crossed the fence"  >:(
When we told them that they would be in contact with a Concervation officer, they said, "Oh, so you going to press charges"?  >:( >:(
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

Trophy Hunter639

« Reply #19 on: Oct 15, 2004, 11:12 PM »
Wow Rocket that is insane :cookoo:

The Rocket

« Reply #20 on: Oct 16, 2004, 12:44 AM »
We've been dealing with that Bulls*** for about 10 straight years. Calling the police doesn't help, the'll just be a new bunch of em. Reporting them to the Missouri Department Of Conservation doesn't help that much, but there better that the police. Just last year we were working on some downed timber in the spring time. There were some turkey's in the ajoining field. A guy drove by at about mach 3, and took a shot out his window at them!!!
Somebody could have been killed!! It is a total disrespect to good people >:(
You can either be the type of person that spends a saturday watching Dr. Phil, eating tofu in your bachelor appartment, or you can be the type that goes fishing.... Your call....The bass are biting...

g3

« Reply #21 on: Oct 16, 2004, 03:55 AM »
 >:(talk about a bad week-end!! had one myself two weeks ago.was in new york,black lake,fished fri. evening,docked the boat,a 175 g3,got up sat morning to find the wind had picked up to 30 m.p.h. overnite,went down to the dock and the only thing sticking out of the water was the deck of my boat!!bilge pump ran until it killed the battery then it filled with water.after 2 hours in 60 degree water,air temp 55 and 30 m.p.h. winds i was about froze.the owner of the cottages had the guts to say "didn't you notice a couple of boats backed in?" well being the first time there i never even thought about it getting that windy and he said i used to tell everyone but they mostly acted like they knew more than me so i qiut saying anything.^%$# poor excuse if you ask me,at least he could have a sign on the docks advising boaters of the dangers od high winds.anyway i got home sunday nite,left the boat hooked up to take to the dealer on monday anf someone broke into my truck cap and took 5 st. croix rods!! man would i love 5 minutes with that s.o.b.

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #22 on: Oct 16, 2004, 06:00 AM »
geez thats a tough weekend
across the street from the house im building there is a 15 ft lund parked outside with three rods in it!!been there with rods in it standing straight up for 3 weeks!!the guy should just put a sign that says free !everyday i look to see if they made the night...so far hes lucky but i wouldnt leave my rods outside every day and night no matter what!!!
Scotty 

JigAwhopper

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #23 on: Oct 19, 2004, 12:25 PM »
No body stealing stuff from my yard.  I got a 120 lb german sheppard just waiting to rip off a chunk of sombody's behind if they get to close. Guns and dogs are the only way to keep them scumbags at bay.  I still take all my fishing equipment inside at night though,,,, just in case :-\                      J.
GONE FISH'G.......

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #24 on: Oct 21, 2004, 01:19 PM »
Guns and dogs are the only way to keep them scumbags at bay.

I love it, The guns part for sure as I am armed well. My dog is a mean little sh!t when the house is under her percieved threat. But she is still only a beagle  ;D

I had my minnows traps stolen once. Had them on private property about 200 yards off the road in a creek. Only way anyone could have known they were there was to see me. I always checked them in the dark  ::)

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.