FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Jann's Netcraft  (Read 4834 times)

mike692

Jann's Netcraft
« on: Mar 12, 2004, 01:47 PM »
I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this or not. Mods if this doesn't belong here, yank it.

Just wanted to recommend this company. I had ordered a 10 pack of ice ants. One of them had a broken eye. I emailed them just to inform them and in two days another full pack was waiting in my mailbox. What a great company!
They will be seeing alot more of my business in the future.
Thanks to the guys from iceshanty.com who originally recommended them to me!

dogfish

Re: Jann's Netcraft
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2004, 01:51 PM »
I have ordered quit a bit of fly tiing and rod building stuff from them.  They are a very prompt and courtious company to do buisness with.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2004, 04:49 AM »
Three thumbs up ;D

Make that 2 thumbs and a big toe.

Great company, I'm a long time customer.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Back_Slider

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2004, 04:27 PM »
I can't speak highly enough about this company. For me, they took over when Herter's closed.

I've been buying from "Netcraft" since long before it was "Jann's." Probably back into the mid-70s. Mostly fly-tying and jig-making things. I used to have a buddy whose parents lived 1 mile from the store in Toledo. He'd pick stuff up for me when he went to visit them.

What you might not know is that Netcraft has a guy who specializes in getting stuff that's not even in the catalog -- and consider listing it in the catalog in the future. At least they did a couple of years ago. I've had him get non-stocked hook sizes for me before. Just call the store and they'll transfer you over to him.

1fishinfool

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2004, 07:27 PM »
I have been buying from them for several years. Last year they sent me some swirl tail minnows that were the wrong color.  I called & had the new ones the same week.  That kind of service will keep my business.  ;D

kenelz

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2004, 09:54 PM »
I'm another long time customer, I have bought fly tieing stuff,  jig molds and some off the wall things from them. I have been to the new and used to get down there in the old warehouse back in the 70's.

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2004, 11:50 PM »
Just took a look around their on-line catalog. Thanks for letting us know about it.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

BlackIce

• MFF Mod Team
  • R U scared
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2004, 02:10 PM »
I can't speak highly enough about this company. For me, they took over when Herter's closed.

I've been buying from "Netcraft" since long before it was "Jann's." Probably back into the mid-70s. Mostly fly-tying and jig-making things. I used to have a buddy whose parents lived 1 mile from the store in Toledo. He'd pick stuff up for me when he went to visit them.

What you might not know is that Netcraft has a guy who specializes in getting stuff that's not even in the catalog -- and consider listing it in the catalog in the future. At least they did a couple of years ago. I've had him get non-stocked hook sizes for me before. Just call the store and they'll transfer you over to him.

Actually Herters is still open (drive past it daily).  They were bought out by Cabelas a few years ago.
Stop Lurking -  Join today!

FishDaddy09

« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2004, 09:48 AM »
janns is a great place to do bussiness with! I've mail ordered and gone to their store always great service!

Back_Slider

« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2004, 11:31 AM »
BlacckIce --

Does Herter's still do a catalog business? I haven't heard anything about Herter's in a very long time -- very many years. I assumed that it ended when old George and Berthe died.

BTW, the most interesting cookbook that I've ever seen was written and published by George & Berthe Herter -- "Bull Cook and Authentic Historical Recipes and Practices" (got my copy right here beside me). It was available in two versions -- a large ~300 page complete version and a small ~100 page paperback (which I have). I'm looking for a copy of the larger version.

FishDeepCreek

• Happiness Is A Jumbo Panfish!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 21, 2004, 06:38 PM »
Ive been using Netcraft for my Tackle/lure making supplies ,and have been totally happy with them. There bulk discounts are good, and they carry alot of things that Stamina does not. There shipping is way faster than Stamina too. Im pretty much going to stick with Netcraft now. There new updated color catalog is much nicer than the old black and white one, Kudos to Netcraft!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.