FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Why did you pick your user name?  (Read 20088 times)

grumpymoe

Re: Why did you pick your user name?
« Reply #75 on: Mar 22, 2004, 07:22 AM »
well, my brotherinlaw and i built a shack 2 seasons ago, and there were no definitive plans other than what i had in my head..all went well until it came time for the roof. he started to get quite annoying and fussy. i told him, its just a shack.. by the end of the day, it took quite abit to hold my tongue..so the next day, we finished it off in his garage (painting and final touchs) and thats when the fussy started to splash all over his pristine garage floor. i decided at that time to give our shack the name "grumpy old men". so when it came time for a handle, i decided that although i'm pretty easy going, i would use grumpymoe (nickname moe) .. kinda like it now..grump

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #76 on: Mar 22, 2004, 05:02 PM »

"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #77 on: Mar 31, 2004, 06:57 AM »
OK, there are lots of newbies since the last post on this.  Let's hear from y'all!  This thread makes for some interesting reading.  Great job everyone!

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #78 on: Mar 31, 2004, 09:34 AM »
My user name is a nickname I got in high school.  From the time I was about 15 I could go into just about any store and buy beer without being proofed (not that I'm advocating underage drinking, especially since I never did myself ;)) for parties.  So my friends started saying that I was a real man, etc. and it got shortened to Bobman (real name is Bob).  So that is what I'm known by with my friends.

I love to hunt and fish, generally March is my downtime to try and get things done around the house.  I'm a computer geek by trade and hobby.  Also am somewhat of a military history buff.  I haven't gotten out fishing and hunting as much as I used to the last few years, but with my oldest son turning 3 in mid-April I should have a new fishing buddy for this year :D.  Then I just have to wait for number 2 son to get a little older (1 month old now ;D ;D).
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

Smelt1

• Born to fish,forced to work!
« Reply #79 on: Mar 31, 2004, 10:16 AM »
My name has 2 meanings to it. In winter my buddies and I all saltwater smelt fish and I usally outfish them 2 to 1 so they call me #1 smelt king. Also after a hard day of fishing the "boss" say's I smell like one.So the name smelt1. I am a die hard fish for anything person. I love summer surf fishing for stripers off of our NH shore. I also enjoy fishing for flounder & haddock out of our boat with the boss. I also dig steamer clams and oyster's in the fall.I also find time to fall hunt for black bear and whitetails as well as pheasants,turkeys,and partridge.The wife and I just put our last son through Dartmouth so now we are enjoying travelling and fishing together. Here's hoping that everyone in here has a safe and enjoyable summer filled with many stories and tales that you will share with the rest of us! Smelt1
Bubba

treed942000

• Bailee and Sandee
« Reply #80 on: Mar 31, 2004, 01:45 PM »
My name has 3 parts to it.  The first is TReed, I got that playing sports in high school.  Since everyone I'm related too lives in the same area there are a lot of Reed's.  The always hollered Treed when they were talking to me, guess I wasn't the most athletic person in the school  :-[.  94 is the year I graduated and was easy to remember when I got my hotmail account, well then you know, you have to have an account for everything so I added on 2000 for the year I got married.  Never forget my anniversary that way,  ::) 
Tight Lines,
TReed

Open Water @ www.myfishfinder.com Icy Conditions @ www.iceshanty.com Hunting @
www.myhuntingforum.com

friendly fishing

• Keep the fish on the hook
« Reply #81 on: Mar 31, 2004, 04:13 PM »
because I'm just a friendy guy  and I love fishing
River Fishing Rules

devil-man

« Reply #82 on: Mar 31, 2004, 06:42 PM »
How 'bout a little contrast?

It is actually what a few friends at the bar call me.
I'm really not a bad guy! Just not a socialite... 

kodiak73

« Reply #83 on: Mar 31, 2004, 07:44 PM »
i chew kodiak and 73 is my birth year ...no other story

tejag2002

« Reply #84 on: Apr 01, 2004, 04:45 PM »
TEJAG IS MY FRIST TWO LETTERS OF MY NAME ,JA IS THE FRIST TWO OF MY WIFE ,G FRIST LETTER LAST NAME , I HUNT FISH ALMOST ANYTHING THAT WALKS CRAWLS FLYS OR SWIMS SO MUCH TO DO, NOT NEAR ENOUGH TIME TO DO IT

perch pounder

• Keep on poundin'
« Reply #85 on: Apr 02, 2004, 03:57 PM »
I live in Winnipeg Manitoba and the day before I found Iceshanty.com my pa and I had been out on Lake Manitoba fishing for my favorite winter fish PERCH .

We hade a great day on the ice catching 150 perch in about 3 1/2 hours . (filled a 5 gallon pail and had a fish fry for all my friends)

Needless to say we pounded those perch  . Hence the name

P.S.
 I only "harvest " like that once or twice a year and then only give fish to those who can't or won't go ice fishing (no limit for perch on Lake Manitoba)
here  fishy , fishy , fishy.......

big walleye

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #86 on: Apr 02, 2004, 10:21 PM »
Well I chose big walleye because my favourite fish is bullheads. Just kidding. I love my walleye. I chose big because I am 6"4 and that is about as close as Iam going to associate the word big with walleye  ::) I am divorced and live in Minnedosa manitoba. I have two beautiful children. My daughter Janelle is 9 going on 10 and my little WWE star Braden is 6 going on 7. My daughter caught a trophy walleye when she was three and I cannot brag enough about her . She is a natural at fishing. My son is a natural at wanting to give everyone the Stone cold stunner ;D ;D. My other hobbies include fishing and then there is fishing and oh yeah fishing. My favourite women are ones that love fishing. Would explain why i am divorced I guess ::) ::) ::). Basically that is it about Big Walleye.
Fishing,Hockey,Beer  is all man needs to survive!!!<br />

wkules

• Lookin' for EYES !!!
« Reply #87 on: Apr 04, 2004, 11:44 PM »
   Nothing real dramatic here. Eight years ago I recieved this ID at work as a network logon. W is the first initial of my first name and KULES is the beginning of my last name. To avoid confusion, I use it for everything. A while back I played with WAKULE (way cool) but felt it was too corny and also found quite a few others using it!

Beside fishing for just about anything and anywhere I can, I enjoy hunting ,although I primarily use a bow including on small game, camping, golfing, mountain biking, and treasure hunting. The only indoor activities I enjoy are woodworking, and building my own supplies for all of my other hobbies. I have built golf clubs, fishing rods, tip ups, ice huts, jigs, spinners, flies, assorted camping gear, a rocker box for gold prospecting, arrows, and I am presently researching how to build my own bow.

My 12 year old son has always been my favorite fishing partner and is now showing interest in quite a few of my other hobbies!
When the tip dips......PULL !!!!
Wayne

fishersofmen

« Reply #88 on: Apr 05, 2004, 08:09 AM »
"fishersofmen"......Jesus told His disciples to be "fishersofmen".....name of boat is also "fishersofmen".....can't think of a better way to start a fishing day than asking for God's blessings first thing....old boat used to be called "vetspet".....i'm a veterinarian....steve heckler

Zacintosh

• My first Largemouth Bass
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2004, 02:22 PM »
I picked mine because my name is Zac. And if you put Zac- and -intosh together, WHAT HAVE YOU GOT ?? Zacintosh. I wonder if Steve Jobs cares?
Stranger's candy tastes the best.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.