FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New to this website  (Read 3884 times)

joefroggy

New to this website
« on: Mar 19, 2004, 01:40 PM »
Just got into this website.  I've always checked out WMI(webmasters inc) for fishing reports and other stuff, do the people on this website go there also?  Is this website national? It seems like a few from around the country but a lot from the northeast where I'm from, just curious.  I like this site due to the specific reports on some of the lakes I fish and some specific ideas on species.

Joefroggy

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: New to this website
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2004, 04:20 PM »
Joe, this is a new site in it's infancy so to speak.  It is National, and in fact International, but being new, not all the states have boards yet because of software testing, etc.  Each state or province will eventually have child boards to post on, and in some cases if not all, specific lakes to post on where info is much easier to find, and there are also other boards that are popular, like the tips section, species specific section, and the pictures forums.  There is also are chat rooms active every night (some more than others, depends upon participation).  Most of the folks on here post on www.iceshanty.com during ice fishing season but probably in the future will post on both.  The look and feel of Iceshanty is very popular with those on that board, and I see no reason that this forum won't take off as well.  Eventually, anglers from all over will be on this board and see the advantages.  If someone joins and you don't see your state here, be patient, it will be some day soon once all of the bugs are worked out.  You'll find varying amounts of fishing experience on this board, some very experienced anglers all the way to other end of the spectrum, the novice.  This is a place where all are welcome and all are comfortable.

Glad to have you on board!  Now go post and have fun!  Tell your fishing buddies about it too...

Bushman

• Fish from sun up to sun down
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2004, 05:10 PM »
hello joefroggy welcome to the forum, you will love it
True north strong and free

HIMO

• MFF Mod Team
  • Goatboy's- Wisconsin chapter "1st Wisconsin goat"
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2004, 06:47 PM »
welcome joefroggy from Wisconsin

HIMO
"IT'S NOT HOW DEEP YOU FISH, IT'S HOW YOU WIGGLE YOUR WORM" !!!

fulltmedad

• Retired MFF Mod
  • Massachusetts Goatboys
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2004, 10:41 AM »
Welcome Joe...we've got members all over the country..Michigan here. Pull up a seat and join the discussions.
FTD

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2004, 10:56 AM »
Welcome to the site Joe,  You'll find yourself right at home here with the "Family".
NewYork  says hello

Steve.
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2004, 11:30 AM »
hello Joe from SE PA.  this site will prove to be a valuable resource for your fishing exploits.  this site will also prove to be the downfall of all other social interactions that you have.  this site is an addiction.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Mar 20, 2004, 03:00 PM »
Another big welcome from Upstate NY. Jump on in ...the water's fine ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

raleigh

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Welcome Joe, Colorado here. You will find this site very helpfull. I learned a lot from this site and iceshanty. I think everyone agrees on this site, that there is no such thing as a stupid queastion. Everyone is here to learn and share their advise and experiences.

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2004, 05:40 PM »
Another greetings (from what must be a very well represented NY State) to MyFishFinder. If you have not done so already, feel free to add your explanation for "Joefroggy" at the following topic.

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=65.0

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

joefroggy

« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2004, 06:08 PM »
Another greetings (from what must be a very well represented NY State) to MyFishFinder. If you have not done so already, feel free to add your explanation for "Joefroggy" at the following topic.

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=65.0

-Reelcharacter
I just love to use rubberfrog lure, helluva a lot of fun. 

DIRTBALL2

« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2004, 06:24 AM »
Welcome Joefroggy from Minnesota. You will find this website to be one of the best thought out and most fun websites you have ever used. LOTS of good experience and advice. You will read many a tall tale here. Some of which are even true!  ;)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #12 on: Mar 22, 2004, 10:39 AM »
Welcome Joe.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

livin4ice

« Reply #13 on: Mar 22, 2004, 03:42 PM »
Welcome Joe, Indiana here.

grumpymoe

« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2004, 04:51 PM »
welcome joefroggy..grump from the manitoba canada forum...we still have hardwater, but anticipating open softwater fishing..lots of great anglers here and from all over the continent.. 8) 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.