FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: NYFishfinder?  (Read 5926 times)

Fish Stick

• Here's to swimmin' with bow-legged women.
NYFishfinder?
« on: Mar 21, 2004, 10:32 PM »
Did anyone else notice how many users are from NY? Look at the number of topics and posts in the NY section. Way more than any other state, allmost as many as the General Discussion section. Wonder why that is? ???
If your only tool is a hammer, all of your problems start looking like nails.

suskymusky

Re: NYFishfinder?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2004, 11:49 PM »
New York is a great state to fish.I have a lot of friends in PA that spend more time fishing Lake Ontario and the Finger lakes than they do on PA waters.
"IMAGINATION is more important than KNOWLEDGE" Albert Einstein

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2004, 12:09 AM »
Greetings all,

Noticed this myself, interesting you would bring up this topic. Perhaps we just have way too much free time on our hands here in NY State?  ??? 

Or, less likely, but as SM says, perhaps it is because the fish'in is great here in NY State! :)

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2004, 04:51 AM »
New York, for all it's flaws, is a fishing paradise.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

nehusker13

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2004, 06:22 AM »
You know, there are a ton of areas here in the midwest to fish, and a little bit of traveling to Minnesota or South Dakota, I think, is a outdoorsman's paradise. I always would have thought that there would be more from these areas. Maybe they are trying to keep it all a secret.

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2004, 06:31 AM »
Naaaa, their still Icefishin' thats all   >:(
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

fishguts

« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2004, 08:33 AM »
i think we just have bigger mouths!  ;D no but really i havent noticed, i havent even been over there yet ill have to check it out now.

mrlongbeard1

« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2004, 09:55 AM »
 Maybe we have more fish to talk about. Or we are just willing to share the info. Diversity that's what NY is about. Salt water to salmon, River smallies to steelhead. Cold water fisheries , warm water fisheries and everthing in between.

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2004, 11:13 AM »
We are a very social breed ;D. Not to mention the all of the great bodies of water to fish. Financially the state is in shambles but the fishing opportunities make up for it.
Harold

BuckShotJon

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #9 on: Mar 22, 2004, 11:48 AM »
The last good things in NY State is the fishing and hunting. We get to do if we want to alot more than other states as far as fishing and hunting goes. Many states do not even know what a Salmon run is.

The fishing and hunting is the last thing that keeps me in this state, if they go, I go.

Jon
"When the people fear the ‘government,’ that is tyranny. When the government’ fears the people, that is liberty. - Thomas Jefferson

MickeyFinn

• 25" ADK Leaper
« Reply #10 on: Mar 22, 2004, 05:10 PM »
It's a combination of 2 things here in New York you can't drive a country mile without running across some kind of water that holds a fish and the 2nd thing is New Yorks love to BS, its in our nature, we probably even talk in our sleep more than everybody else....
We were biting this morning, we were biting this morning, we were biting this morning......

baginwal

• MFF Mod Team
  • No Politics Just Fish!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 22, 2004, 05:22 PM »
RGfixit:  I couldn't agree more.  It truly is a fishing paradise.  Even when we close the cottage in November..........a month later and I am up ice fishing!  Upstate NY is the best!! ;D

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #12 on: Mar 23, 2004, 06:59 AM »
Could be a high number of anglers combined with good fishing opportunities and with a high number of PC users.  There are still a lot of anglers out there that don't have access to the internet.  Also, most of the members here are also Iceshanty members.  When the rest of the warmer states discover this site and start posting, you might see some of the Southern states with heavy usage.  I'd bet that Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, Arkansas, Texas, and some of the Western states are really going to bring membership up.  Most of those states haven't found this site yet.  Remember, it took a few years of Iceshanty to get membership to what it is today and now it's really taking off.  Membership is over 600 now here and growing fast.  Iceshanty members could push that up even faster once all the ice is out and they're looking for an open water home.  The rest is simply people surfing and discovering this site.

You have to admit, it's very inclusive and user friendly!  Great job Scott!

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #13 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:46 AM »
Have to agree with your open water observation Fat Boy.

It could also be the result of the ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING NY Moderators that we have!!!

("Out-standing" on a lake or stream, that is. What did you think we meant)?  ???  :)

Seriously though, I think that along with Scott, our NY Moderators do a great job of keeping things lively, interesting and under control. This has got to help.

I would also think "The Land Of A Thousand Lakes" would give us here in NY State a run for our money in terms of topics and postings. Not counting flowing water, I think we only have nine hundred and ninety nine . . .   :)

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Reel Laxin

« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Because when we are not fishing, all we can do is think about fishing.  This sight is the next best thing to being there.  We fish when its hot, cold, rain, sun, or snow.  Golfers think we're nuts.  Maybe they're right.  :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.