FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Off Topic  (Read 4167 times)

bigr

Off Topic
« on: Aug 30, 2018, 04:20 AM »
Anyone been dropping any squirrels or picking fall mushrooms. This cool morning has a feel of days gone by when I did a lot more of each. I don't do much shooting anymore but still love hunting/getting out for a slow walk with my eyes and ears wide open.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Re: Off Topic
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2018, 06:12 AM »
Squirrel season doesn't open up for me until the second saturday in October. I have however picked more mushrooms this year already than the last 3 combined.
Wicked Wec

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2018, 06:51 AM »
Yes doesn't get much better then this time of year for a start of all good things! I myself love walking through the woods eyes and ears wide open, or leaning against a tree smoking a cigar waiting for them squirrels to wake up. I have picked a few shrooms this year out of the backyard so far and have shot a few squirrels myself

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2018, 07:31 AM »
Maine’s season doesn’t start till Oct. and I can’t wait. Red squirrels are open year round with no limits, but too muggy and ticks are too bad to going for the little squawks.  I don’t have anything to do with mushrooms, but will keep fishing through the lingering heat till fall gets here.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

RoeBoat

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2018, 04:42 PM »
No squirrels or shrooms yet but I did shoot a limit of golf balls with wings yesterday that I cant wait to grill up!

seamonkey84

« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Dove hunting, something else we don’t do in Maine lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2018, 05:04 PM »
You shoot those doves on State ground Roe?  I remember going around Markle as a kid and hunting the sunflower plots with my grandfather and uncles

treepotato

« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2018, 07:42 PM »
never gotten into fall musrooms except for a couple years ago i found a few hens. what kind of fall shrooms are you finding right now and whats your favorite fall mushrooms? thanks

staubsaugen

« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2018, 08:16 PM »
I found an absurd amount of oysters on a tree that's been down for years on my property and never produced before. Also found some gorgeous giant puffballs, both last week.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Sep 03, 2018, 06:01 AM »
Our small game season opened yesterday. But its to hot to go trampsing through the woods..
But I've been finding some nice puff balls....

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Piggyn

« Reply #10 on: Sep 03, 2018, 07:20 PM »
A couple days ago I cut some 1" thick disks off the middle section of a puff ball, brushed them with olive oil, sauteed them to get most of the water out, and then used them as pizza crusts.  It was pretty good, but real pizza still wins in a taste test.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

fishinator

« Reply #11 on: Sep 03, 2018, 07:40 PM »
I didn't find any shrooms today but my daughter and I found enough good hickory nuts to make a big batch of cookies. First time I tried them but it won't be the last.

RoeBoat

« Reply #12 on: Sep 03, 2018, 09:02 PM »
You shoot those doves on State ground Roe?  I remember going around Markle as a kid and hunting the sunflower plots with my grandfather and uncles

Yes. That's where they came from.  First day draw hunt at Markle.   Great hunt, lots of birds.  Love to eat some doves.  Wish I was a better shot but can usually get a limit with 2 boxes!

fishinator

« Reply #13 on: Oct 02, 2018, 04:44 PM »

picked these last weekend. Left a couple to grow

fishinator

« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2018, 07:59 AM »

Found the mother load of chicken of the woods. Other side of tree was loaded too. Unfortunately most were a bit old. Picked 2 more sheepshead and left 5 to grow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.