FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Winter Flounder  (Read 7007 times)

Knot there yet

Winter Flounder
« on: Apr 09, 2019, 09:11 AM »
I went off Swampscott Sunday 47 degrees water. Buddy caught a crab and that was it. Try again this weekend

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
Re: Winter Flounder
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2019, 10:39 AM »
Still a little early but you never. I'll be getting ready when I get back from vacation. Got to restock the freezer.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2019, 11:56 AM »
They were unable to stop inshore draggers this year...that fishery will cease to exist soon while the draggers scoop up the spawning flounder...

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2019, 10:24 PM »
You most likely right, but I hope you are wrong...

200fisher

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2019, 05:31 AM »
They were unable to stop inshore draggers this year...that fishery will cease to exist soon while the draggers scoop up the spawning flounder...
Sad but true...
“Half the people I know are below average"  -Steven Wright

Roccus

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2019, 11:25 AM »
They don't stop with flounder, inshore haddock spots on plum island get slammed too,you know the draggers have been through when you stop catching skates..

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2019, 08:41 PM »
You aren't kidding Joe...they slaughter the fluke too.  Anyone ever seen miles of dead stripers off of cape cod when they have to toss the "bycatch"

Its unreal. 

Meanwhile I'm fishing for trout raised in circular concrete tanks.  I don't think we could save ourselves if we tried.

I guess I'll take up carp fishing when the stripers disappear.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2019, 06:21 AM »
You aren't kidding Joe...they slaughter the fluke too.  Anyone ever seen miles of dead stripers off of cape cod when they have to toss the "bycatch"

Its unreal. 

I was hoping you didnt bring the fluke up because its my go to species all summer and it erks me that they can drag so close to shore. Like Joe said with the skate, I can tell you within 5-10 minutes if a dragger swiped the bottom on one of my go to spots. The difference can be 100 fish in an hour with 4 guys on the boat down to just a handful.
Wicked Wec

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #8 on: Apr 12, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Do you mean the grey tide of stripes? Seen it many of times. Sad thing to witness

Roccus

« Reply #9 on: Apr 12, 2019, 11:11 AM »

Its unreal. 

Meanwhile I'm fishing for trout raised in circular concrete tanks.  I don't think we could save ourselves if we tried.

I guess I'll take up carp fishing when the stripers disappear.
I've watched the mid water herring trawls in the fall discard plenty of bass as well...then watch "sportsman" scoop them up to bring to market. Vicious circle..

On the bright side, I winched ( figuratively)the Princess warrior out of her winter home between the pines and garage  and onto the driveway,I'll put her on the stands in the morning and prep,  so I can paint the bottom Sunday... still have to install the Pantopix live scope and she'll be ready for the invasion of silvers  ( haddock) as they enter the spawning grounds.

Knot there yet

« Reply #10 on: Apr 15, 2019, 09:41 PM »
I've watched the mid water herring trawls in the fall discard plenty of bass as well...then watch "sportsman" scoop them up to bring to market. Vicious circle..

On the bright side, I winched ( figuratively)the Princess warrior out of her winter home between the pines and garage  and onto the driveway,I'll put her on the stands in the morning and prep,  so I can paint the bottom Sunday... still have to install the Pantopix live scope and she'll be ready for the invasion of silvers  ( haddock) as they enter the spawning grounds.
pantoptix live jealous I saw the ice pack this winter. Please post pics and videos. I want it but want to be able to use on boat and kayak

Roccus

« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2019, 08:30 AM »
pantoptix live jealous I saw the ice pack this winter. Please post pics and videos. I want it but want to be able to use on boat and kayak

I got it installed Saturday, had to upgrade the software on my Garmin echomap plus 94sv for it to recognize it, the "black box" is big and heavy, I had to mount it under the console because my dash is a little "full"  I mounted the transducer on my trolling  motor as it mostly will be used while I'm bass ( striped) fishing the marshes and beach front...now if the weather will only cooperate...soon as the ice  goes out on winni or I go for haddock I'll give it a try...

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #12 on: Apr 16, 2019, 10:45 AM »
Have fun with that thing Joe! I am going to install that box on the ATV one of these nights.
Wicked Wec

Roccus

« Reply #13 on: Apr 16, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Have fun with that thing Joe! I am going to install that box on the ATV one of these nights.

I'm sure I will, probably cost me a lot more in gas because if I don't see anything on the screen I'm apt to go to fishier pastures..

I'm glad that box found a good home!.. I have the rear chains off of that Polaris too.. I need to find a home for them, they don't fit the can am... I've got a moose 2 compartment saddle bag, ill give ya that next time I see ya if you want it.

lowaccord66

« Reply #14 on: Apr 17, 2019, 09:33 AM »
I need to get my carbs cleaned, get the mount for my panoptix and another ducer.  Looking to repower as well.  Been staring at a number of 115-150 four strokes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.