FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Drift Socks  (Read 3239 times)

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
Re: Drift Socks
« Reply #15 on: Mar 22, 2019, 02:52 AM »
Thanks Greg. This is Paul's idea for dropping a few bucks in to that bottomless hole. If he's not in a huge hurry and we can connect I just might take you up on that offer.
I'll see we make a connection.  When I used it, I'd play the wind and let conditions dictate where I tied it off to.  Generally one stern corner or the other worked best but I'd use the bow mounted trolling motor to control the drift.  I didn't care much for it off the side.  Too much rock and roll and total lack of control when trying to hug a weed line.  Heavier wind and waves, I'd use the bow cleat or one on the front left or right, again playing the wind and waves.  In my opinion, one will do anything you need in a boat that size.  I'll dig it out and plan a road trip.  It's mud month.  Time for a good cup of coffee, a hot loaf of bread and a browse thru a book store.  :)
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #16 on: Mar 22, 2019, 09:52 AM »
i agree with sean , i runn one in middle of boat ,got mine at cabelas and i go with next size bigger than they suggest

X2
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #17 on: Mar 23, 2019, 02:16 PM »
I'll see we make a connection.  When I used it, I'd play the wind and let conditions dictate where I tied it off to.  Generally one stern corner or the other worked best but I'd use the bow mounted trolling motor to control the drift.  I didn't care much for it off the side.  Too much rock and roll and total lack of control when trying to hug a weed line.  Heavier wind and waves, I'd use the bow cleat or one on the front left or right, again playing the wind and waves.  In my opinion, one will do anything you need in a boat that size.  I'll dig it out and plan a road trip.  It's mud month.  Time for a good cup of coffee, a hot loaf of bread and a browse thru a book store.  :)

Pretty certain we'll go with one. We're looking to use it more for fishing walleyes on some bigger waters as opposed to weedline panfish so precise control isn't an issue.  I can usually find time to slip away from the store for a cup of coffee or we always have some for customers and friends. I'll bet there's a place in between us that serves a decent cup of coffee and cheeseburgers where we could meet if you would rather. Of course I can't bring the bookstore with me.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

JerryofWNY

• Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #18 on: Mar 23, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Thanks for the replies, fellas.
"Most folks are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be."....Abe Lincoln

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #19 on: Mar 23, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Pretty certain we'll go with one. We're looking to use it more for fishing walleyes on some bigger waters as opposed to weedline panfish so precise control isn't an issue.  I can usually find time to slip away from the store for a cup of coffee or we always have some for customers and friends. I'll bet there's a place in between us that serves a decent cup of coffee and cheeseburgers where we could meet if you would rather. Of course I can't bring the bookstore with me.
I happen to know a place............
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.