FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fishfinder/gps  (Read 2323 times)

rizz1626

fishfinder/gps
« on: Apr 27, 2011, 01:52 PM »
I am looking for a fishfinder/gps I hope to fish Erie now and then but will mostly fish inland lakes. I have a 18' center counsel and my price range ends around $600. I am new to boating everyone I talk to uses something different. The research I have done I like the layout of hummingbird. But the split sonar screen seems small on the 5 inch models. Is there any way to make the fishfinder a full screen when you don't want to see the gps screen? Thanks for any advice.

OTIS

Re: fishfinder/gps
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2011, 02:48 PM »
I have an older Lowrance 334 gps/sonar unit with a five inch screen.  You can configure the screens just about any way you would like using the menu options they provide.  Split screen gps/sonar, full screen sonar (with zooming), or full screen sonar.  You should also consider purchasing a map chip for whatever unit you choose.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fuldraw

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2011, 03:13 PM »
yup you can view the screen just about any way you want.  i just picked up a brand new humminbird 798ci in the bargin cave at cabelas for for under $600.  i have used it three times and i love it so far.  surprisingly the split screen gps/fishfinder isnt as small as you would think.  oh and i got the one with navionics preloaded wouldnt want one with out it

rizz1626

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2011, 07:06 PM »
Thanks guys just waiting on the tax return so I can purchase one

rizz1626

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 09:54 AM »
I did decide on the Hummingbird 597 CI HD I should recieve it this week.  I will reply how it works once I get it set up.  Thanks everyone for the advice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.