FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing for an Army guy in AZ  (Read 6461 times)

toguefisha

Fishing for an Army guy in AZ
« on: Apr 01, 2007, 06:16 PM »
My Natn'l Guard unit is doing there three week annual training in southern Arizona. Gonna be there last two weeks of april and first week of may. I thought I'd bring a rod along and try to do some fishing.  We are going to be working near the border about two hours south of Tucson, both to the east and the west.  Any spots to fish around here?  What types of fish?  do I just need to buy an Arizona fishing license or am I gonna need extra permits and stuff.  Thanks for any info.
-Alec

rich81

Re: Fishing for an Army guy in AZ
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2007, 10:24 AM »
you training at or near Yuma Proving Grounds???  i was stationed in yuma for 3 1/2 years alot of spots that i fished when i firts go there were dried up when i left.  theres some really good catfishing around this area and a place for military members to rent boats(lake martinez)  let me know!!!!! if all else fails i'm sure once u get there you'll hook up with people and they'll show u around

G.Horne

Re: Fishing for an Army guy in AZ
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2007, 06:32 AM »
There are a few lakes south of Tucson that are real good bass lakes. Arivaca Lake, Pena Blanka(closest to the boarder), Parker canyon and the biggest over 200 acres is Patagonia Lake which holds several Touranemts a year. You can get to most off of rt19. Parker Canyon is off of rt83. I've never fish these lakes but have fished the Phoenix area lakes 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.