MyFishFinder By Species > Bullhead

Bullhead Catching

<< < (2/6) > >>

kingfshr16:
 This may sound a little weird but we were bullheadin' in a little pond in syracuse and the action slowed down, so as a joke I grabbed a hot dog broke a piece off and BAM! we started hittin fish like crazy, anyone else every try this and had luck?

MikeMo:
I usually use #2 hooks and nightcrawlers. Chicken hearts work good as do chicken liver and cut fish.

cenobite07:
We usually set up with two hooks with night crawlers and leeches. When they're running hard (not this weekend of course  :'() they will often go nuts for one or the other. Once we figure out which they want, we rig just that bait. I've never had a lot of luck with any of the "weird" baits for bullheads.

Usually use #2 or #4 hooks. If the perch are being annoying, I'll go with the bigger hooks. Perch also seem to avoid leeches.

I have best luck in the hour or so after dark.

reelcharacter:
Cenobite,

I have only recently "discovered" leeches for Bullhead bait. Previously thought Panfish where the most likely targets when fishing with leeches. Yours sounds to be a sensible approach. Now I just have to get out and try wetting some worms . . .

-Reelcharacter

hosscletuslulu:
I use leeches alot because they are more durable than worms and you can keep your line wet instead of rebaiting after each fish with wormsPERCHPULLER

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version