FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cape Cod Canal - 2018  (Read 52755 times)

lowaccord66

Re: Cape Cod Canal - 2018
« Reply #30 on: Apr 17, 2018, 08:27 AM »
At the end of the day if it can cast a 3,4,5 oz jig repeatedly without breaking then it should work.  I went with the rainshadow 6-12 after having a couple big bass own me, couldnt turn them.  Last year I grabbed a odm jigster that performs well but wasnt cheap...casts a mile though. 

Baitbucket

« Reply #31 on: Apr 17, 2018, 08:36 AM »
At the end of the day if it can cast a 3,4,5 oz jig repeatedly without breaking then it should work.  I went with the rainshadow 6-12 after having a couple big bass own me, couldnt turn them.  Last year I grabbed a odm jigster that performs well but wasnt cheap...casts a mile though. 

Ive heard good things about the Jigster.

Tsunami makes a 10' 2pc in the 3-6oz range.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #32 on: Apr 17, 2018, 10:49 AM »
I have an 11' Air Wave rated up to 10oz. I jig with. Love it for the money. Also have a 10' Air Wave and a 10' TFO They are great plugging rods. I was looking at the ODM jigmasters. Not going to happen this year but maybe next. They are pricey. I use the Saragosa's on 2 of mine an 8000 and a 10000. The 3rd rod is a Dawia Emblem Pro. The older version not the newer style.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #33 on: Apr 17, 2018, 11:18 AM »
The jigster is my next rod. going to pair it with a saltiga 6500h or a saltiga 5500 expedition.

lowaccord66

« Reply #34 on: Apr 17, 2018, 12:02 PM »
The jigster is ok...not anything over the top...its light and there are a number of rods that will do the same work for much cheaper.  I bought it because my buddy is prostaff with them and I needed an 11'er.  CMS built it and the first weekend of use I caught a sizeable bass and cracked some of the epoxy...

Those saltigas are nice units.  Also loved the older emblem pro.  Have a new one and a couple saltists kicking around collecting dust.

FREEP82

« Reply #35 on: Apr 17, 2018, 12:32 PM »
I'll be ready as soon as I put some flounder in the freezer before the big girls arrive. This one fell to an Al Gags Whip It Fish last year.

Yeah nice bike  8)

Jschumacher

« Reply #36 on: Apr 17, 2018, 12:57 PM »
Yeah nice bike  8)
LOL yes it is. I'll have to buy one someday. Yours looks better in the back ground than my Ratty bike
 ;D
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

lowaccord66

« Reply #37 on: Apr 17, 2018, 01:05 PM »
LOL yes it is. I'll have to buy one someday. Yours looks better in the back ground than my Ratty bike
 ;D

Ratty bike is the way to be if you are fishing at night.  Otherwise it could dissappear.  The gear theft issue has steadily increased with drug epedemic...

Mine is beat but was only 50 bones.

FREEP82

« Reply #38 on: Apr 17, 2018, 01:49 PM »
 ;D
That ratty bike has some serious miles on it.... and constantly smells of stripah

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #39 on: Apr 17, 2018, 02:50 PM »
a canal bike doesnt have to be anything special in most cases my basket cost more than the bike.

Jschumacher

« Reply #40 on: Apr 17, 2018, 05:41 PM »

I like the trailer to carry the big girls if I decide to keep one here and there.

Member of The GODS

FREEP82

« Reply #41 on: Apr 18, 2018, 04:31 AM »
a canal bike doesnt have to be anything special in most cases my basket cost more than the bike.
I hear ya there! But I did trade in my old bike for a new one, it made a world of difference on my Balky knees and bad ankle.

FREEP82

« Reply #42 on: Apr 18, 2018, 04:34 AM »

I like the trailer to carry the big girls if I decide to keep one here and there.
I wonder how that trailer would work out if you got caught in the middle of the Pan-Mass challenge?

lowaccord66

« Reply #43 on: Apr 18, 2018, 04:46 AM »
I wonder how that trailer would work out if you got caught in the middle of the Pan-Mass challenge?

Ha. A ranger lost his job for moving my bike and gear which was on the side of the bike path already...to "make room" for that event.  Didn't even ask me to move my stuff which wasnt in the way, just started moving my bike with rods in it.  Called his boss, leanred he had other complaints (all anglers) and they let him go. He apparently did not like fishermen, and the fact that we are the majority users of the place.

Other than that, Ive never had an issue with the rangers down there.

boondox

« Reply #44 on: Apr 18, 2018, 06:14 AM »

Nice trailler!!  I got to get a argon cylinder for my mig welder to weld aluminum before I proceed with My trailler  and others traillers..  but do any of you  think there would be a intrest in buying a few if they were up to par??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.