FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: site I've never seen before, 4+ hrs of shad schools being busted  (Read 1365 times)

charlys1954

I always bass fish in the mourn then when it turns hot I park under the bridge out of the sun and panfish. I pulled under the bridge around 10:30am and immediately seen something busting schools of shad. I first thought it was crappie but after a while figured out it was Bass. Fished there w/crappie minnows until 3pm and I never caught a crappie, caught 7 bass, had 2 4-lb test lines busted and several misses.

The schools of shad where there getting busted from 10:30am till I left at 3pm. I never seen anything like it, there was never a time more than 2-3 minutes where the shad didn't get busted. 4+ hrs of the shad schools getting busted, it was great to watch. The bass wouldn't hit anything but live minnow. One pole I had a red worm on and a 1" shad actually hook itself in the side. Was going to use it for bait but I thought it was only legal to use dead shad so I didn't.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
Wife and I have both hooked into small two to three inch Gills on red worms and both have been attacked by large bass.  The bass have let go the minute they are 5 feet from the boat.  The wife had a four or five pound bass on she was loving it.

rivereddy

The real fun begins when the striped/silver bass start chasing the schools of young shad.  Like every thing else this year,  that seems to be on the late side as well.  Usually by the end of June that action picks up.  We've been out twice this month and only seen one small bait shoal and no stripers below them...

fish on,

rivereddy

taxid

Wife and I have both hooked into small two to three inch Gills on red worms and both have been attacked by large bass.  The bass have let go the minute they are 5 feet from the boat.  The wife had a four or five pound bass on she was loving it.

Took in a 7 pound bass about a week ago. Was caught when the guy was reeling in a bluegill. Funny part was he was fishing for bluegills while the wife was fishing for bass .  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.