FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Real time fish finder?  (Read 9800 times)

seamonkey84

Re: Real time fish finder?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2018, 03:25 PM »
Yea, there was quite the buzz about the ice package this past season

"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowaccord66

« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2018, 02:07 PM »
Used it.  Awesome unit.  Unreal in open water.  Realtime is a buzz word.  My vex is very much realtime too.  The benefit of the panoptix is seeing where the fish are moving and how far they are from your position.  We used one a couple of weeks ago.  Ill be adopting one for ice season if they are not catching fire still.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2018, 04:46 PM »
I’d compare it more to what you see at the drs office with an ultrasound image.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2018, 08:38 AM »
Used it.  Awesome unit.  Unreal in open water.  Realtime is a buzz word.  My vex is very much realtime too.  The benefit of the panoptix is seeing where the fish are moving and how far they are from your position.  We used one a couple of weeks ago.  Ill be adopting one for ice season if they are not catching fire still.

I am surprised you have not pulled the trigger yet. LOL

If my marcum dies, I will get one.
Wicked Wec

lowaccord66

« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2018, 11:53 AM »
I am surprised you have not pulled the trigger yet. LOL

If my marcum dies, I will get one.

It was an expensive winter!  Id say if my vex dies id get one but then Id never get one! And its when your marcum dies!   :P

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2018, 12:19 PM »
It was an expensive winter!  Id say if my vex dies id get one but then Id never get one! And its when your marcum dies!   :P

LMAO. We can just sell them.....
Wicked Wec

fontona19

« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2018, 01:34 PM »
Oh boy. Here we go. Save it for ice season boys.

To the op. Panoptix is unbelievable. Pricey, but worth it if you have the coin. It is nice knowing which direction the fish are coming from. More of a 3 dimensional interaction.

Mac Attack

« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2018, 02:14 PM »

seamonkey84

« Reply #9 on: Jun 20, 2018, 06:07 PM »
I was just thinking, if you point it back while your trolling, you can see how they react to your offering and help decide if you should be changing something up or if your getting any attention at all.

Mac Attack

« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2018, 06:11 PM »
I was just thinking, if you point it back while your trolling, you can see how they react to your offering and help decide if you should be changing something up or if your getting any attention at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=246Ey0_rdiI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0JuBR41efI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TGahN8q5sc

zwiggles

« Reply #11 on: Jun 20, 2018, 06:13 PM »

You would think you could set it to a certain range, say 50’ back, and set you’re presentations at 40’-45’, and get a pretty good idea right?  I had not thought of that.

I want to see some video of how it behaves over deeper water. That’s the one thing I have not seen online in the other videos.

lowaccord66

« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2018, 08:08 PM »
Oh boy. Here we go. Save it for ice season boys.

To the op. Panoptix is unbelievable. Pricey, but worth it if you have the coin. It is nice knowing which direction the fish are coming from. More of a 3 dimensional interaction.

Listen here...just cause your LX7 exploded....i'll stop there. 

Wiggles it was awesome in deeper water on the ice!

seamonkey84

« Reply #13 on: Jun 20, 2018, 08:32 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=246Ey0_rdiI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0JuBR41efI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TGahN8q5sc

That does get very interesting footage, but do you get to see that transmitted live? However, if it works like I’m thinking, not only will you be able to see multiple lines at once with the panoptix, it won’t be affected by water clarity or lighting conditions. it may limit how far back/deep your running your lines to keep them on the screen.

Found some videos

Grrrr... if I made money fishing/guiding I would see this as an investment worth making, but for now, way to rich for my blood.

Mac Attack

« Reply #14 on: Jun 20, 2018, 09:18 PM »
Not Panoptix.
That's been around for a while.

Panoptix LiveScope.

This is brand new.
Only out a week or two.
very little info on the web about it yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.