FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: wonderful three days of fishing  (Read 1240 times)

bigr

wonderful three days of fishing
« on: Oct 29, 2018, 03:49 AM »
Started Thursday at daylight in a heavy frost. Worked a Berkley power worm in six to eight ft of water then as the day went on right on shore. Bass were sure feeding up for winter. Lots of 3lb fish (18-19") with a few over 20". Caught upwards of 75. Friday was not as cold but alittle windy. Bass were still up tight to shore but for a change I threw a blk Indiana spinner bait. Couldn't keep them off of it. Maybe another 75 with the largest I weighed going 4lb15oz. Dropped a small jig over the side of the boat while bass fishing and picked up a few big crappie with the largest weighing 1lb 5oz. Switched to Caldwell lake on Saturday in hopes of a mess of gils and was not disappointed. Found them suspended 10ft down just about anywhere I fished. Lots of 9s and a few 10s mixed in with the biggest going about a lb. Fall colors are great around the lakes even without much sun lighting them up. With up coming plans for the next several weekends. Deer harvesting to be exact this might be my last fishing for a while. I really enjoyed this falls bite and now I think I'm ready for some time in the woods before more resi shore fishing up to ice season.

rivereddy

Re: wonderful three days of fishing
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Nice run.  'Tis the best time of the year.....

fish on,

rivereddy

Blueultra2

« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Sounds like a a good few days but where’s the pics to share?

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2018, 05:28 AM »
I only took a couple but don't know how to post them from my phone.

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Sounds like you were on 'em. Good for you!
Been going to go everyday but haven't yet, now they are caling for rain.
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

tater140

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2018, 07:55 AM »
Sounds like an awesome time.  This time of year is such a tough time for me having to choose between going deer hunting and fishing.  This is such a nice time of year to be on the water and not have to deal with all of the boats.  With young kids still in the house I don't always have the time to do both.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.