FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Flock  (Read 13750 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
The Flock
« on: Jan 15, 2022, 06:53 AM »
Our flock is hungry this morning.

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Flock
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2022, 07:31 AM »
Yeah so are ours. 
I really need to buy a new heated bird bath .   My old one broke..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2022, 08:57 AM »
Got ours at Tractor Supply. $20. They use the heck out of it too.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2022, 09:34 AM »
Might be heading there this afternoon. 
There having a sale on seed ..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2022, 01:33 PM »
I paid $31 for a 50# bag of black oil. That’s $10 more than last year.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2022, 04:27 PM »
Is this what your using?  $24 will put a rock in it and plug it in tomorrow..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2022, 04:40 PM »
Yup! Price went up eh? No big surprise these days.

Good man Dom. The flock will really appreciate it. I put a bunch of rocks in mine.needs cleaning about every two weeks.

Birds are indiscriminate shitters.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2022, 02:29 PM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2022, 03:02 PM »
I put a bunch of rocks in mine. Brought it in and cleaned it today amazing that algae will grow in these temps. Not to mention that birds are indiscriminate shitters.

They do use it every day all day long.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Feb 25, 2022, 06:42 AM »
Snowing and blowing out there but just had a big flock of redwing blackbirds in the trees and on the feeders .

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: Feb 25, 2022, 12:51 PM »
Yeah, my flock is draining the feeders at a breakneck pace. We get the redwings and tricolors in the early spring. But seed really isn’t their main feed. They disappear when the cattails start getting green.

The good news is that I’ve been designated not only the supplier of, but caretaker of all the new bird houses we’re adding to the golf course this year. 217 acres of bird habitat to play with. The super is set on being an Audubon Society approved course  and I’m all in!

I really Like this guy.
I can tend the bird houses way after I’m too old to mow any more.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #11 on: Feb 25, 2022, 01:26 PM »
That’s very cool Bob. 
 You better get started building. ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Feb 25, 2022, 02:44 PM »
I’ve got a dozen or so houses in storage. I was gonna sell some at market last year but, a nice lady across from my space was selling bird houses and I didn’t want to compete. Just a courtesy really. She was really nice and bought some of my toys.

So, I think they’ll be donated to the cause.

Our flock this afternoon.

The rest are in the lilac bush. They take turns. It’s pretty comical.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: Feb 25, 2022, 04:27 PM »
Redwings are back here now.

wallyworld

« Reply #14 on: Feb 25, 2022, 05:27 PM »
Yep by the 100s  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.