FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tuna charter 9/21  (Read 1301 times)

re-pete

Tuna charter 9/21
« on: Sep 06, 2012, 10:22 AM »
just planned a charter for the 21st out of point judith, i guess were going for tuna, unless there not in and then were going striper fishing. But i was just curious if anyone on here has ever gone tuna fishing and what to expect, maybe some stories?

waterwolf603

Re: Tuna charter 9/21
« Reply #1 on: Sep 06, 2012, 10:44 AM »
are you talking about blue fin fishing or yellow fin fishing?
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

re-pete

« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2012, 10:16 AM »
not sure haha i was told tuna charter/ possibly striper.

waterwolf603

« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2012, 10:29 AM »
there a ton of different tactics for tuna. I have never been on a charter for them but have fished off of friends boats many times. You can troll spreader bars and daisy chains which can be effective if they are up top (very boring tho).. You can catch live bait and fish them underneath balloons while you are achored up. you can also jig for them using sluggos or spoons this is always fun because you feel the hit because the rod is in your hands, you can also get many other species doing this so it can be fun. Another tactic is running and gunning which is looking for actively feeding fish on the surface and casting sluggos and plugs to them (this is alot of fun) Good luck and I hope you catch some post pics if you do
lakes, lies, and marble eyes

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2012, 06:51 AM »
Good luck Re-pete! Ill be in new hampshire scouting for the moose hunt. ;D
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.