FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1471920 times)

KingPerch

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2015
« Reply #255 on: Oct 11, 2015, 06:23 AM »
QUIET FISH! The ol buzzard has taught you well! 😛 Good job bud!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

filetandrelease

« Reply #256 on: Oct 11, 2015, 07:14 AM »
coach well done , save the good ones for fri  ;)
I talked to several guys and they all did pretty good fri , reports came in from around the lake

reeleyz

« Reply #257 on: Oct 11, 2015, 09:17 AM »
Good job coach.

I got out yesterday afternoon with Chowdaire. I wanted to check out his boat because I am thinking about upgrading. I was really impressed with his set up.

We got after the eyes pretty good. Chowdaire put on a real clinic and I managed a few.

Thanks for letting me tag along Chowdaire and thanks for showing me some new tactics!

filetandrelease

« Reply #258 on: Oct 11, 2015, 09:20 AM »

That is a nice set up for jigging or trolling , congrats on the fish guys

coachwarner

« Reply #259 on: Oct 11, 2015, 09:44 AM »
Nice job Chowdaire and Reeleyz  :clapping: I saw Chowdaire gassing up at the gas station on my way thru. Nice looking boat Chowdaire :thumbup_smilie:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Chowdaire

« Reply #260 on: Oct 11, 2015, 04:18 PM »
Thanks, Coach & Filet. And great job on the solo trip Coach. Those are some nice healthy looking falleyes.

Anytime, Reeleyz. Glad you liked the boat and glad we were able to get into a few fish too. It was fun.

I took Mom to the big lake this morning and continue to do worse on the salmon. Zero hook-ups this time. There are still fish there but with a lot more boats only saw one caught all morning.

fishernet

« Reply #261 on: Oct 12, 2015, 08:03 AM »
High guys, went out perch fish-n. Fished the islands out of Oneida shores. Didnt even get a bite. I was shocked to see no perch yet. My next move will have to be the east end, north bay, sylvan, jewel. Is anyone catching on the east end, or am I looking to early for perch in the weeds. Thanks for the help.

Chowdaire

« Reply #262 on: Oct 12, 2015, 12:45 PM »
High guys, went out perch fish-n. Fished the islands out of Oneida shores. Didnt even get a bite. I was shocked to see no perch yet. My next move will have to be the east end, north bay, sylvan, jewel. Is anyone catching on the east end, or am I looking to early for perch in the weeds. Thanks for the help.

I got quite a few perch follow ups throwing sticks around the weeds so there are some around. No size though. All 8-10" that I was seeing.

mcully

« Reply #263 on: Oct 13, 2015, 12:55 PM »
three morning canal trips with hardly any success yet. One good one but that's it.

Old Timer

« Reply #264 on: Oct 13, 2015, 04:29 PM »
I stopped over off Jewel yesterday. All small perch. 5 to 8 inches.. Weeds are not on shallow side of drop off like they used to be.. Lake is changing..

filetandrelease

« Reply #265 on: Oct 13, 2015, 05:18 PM »
three morning canal trips with hardly any success yet. One good one but that's it.
Some times it's a hit and others not , anytime I get out and a  1 fish hit is better than a stike , I'm sure your luck will change for the better ,
Glad to hear from you Old Timer , hope all is well

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #266 on: Oct 13, 2015, 07:26 PM »
Great reports guys.
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

smokemetallic

« Reply #267 on: Oct 13, 2015, 09:12 PM »
Any one ever see any eyes on Oneida that have a blue tint to them? Caught one tonite that had indigo blue fins and and an Indigo blue wash over its sides . Like the iridescent purple/blue on a tiger musky but much brighter . It was striking in appearance, even my wife noticed it. Couldn't capture it in pics properly.

UglyStik

« Reply #268 on: Oct 13, 2015, 09:53 PM »
Maybe it was a "Blue Pike"? Interesting subject.
http://www.walleyecentral.com/blue_pike.shtml
Google "Blue Pike" and there are tons of articles.
Probably just a eye with the blue variant. One article suggested if they eat alot of crayfish they take on a blue tint.
Did you happen to keep it?

reeleyz

« Reply #269 on: Oct 14, 2015, 04:59 AM »
Any one ever see any eyes on Oneida that have a blue tint to them? Caught one tonite that had indigo blue fins and and an Indigo blue wash over its sides . Like the iridescent purple/blue on a tiger musky but much brighter . It was striking in appearance, even my wife noticed it. Couldn't capture it in pics properly.

I caught one a few weeks ago where the fins and tail were blueish. Didn't notice any blue on the sides though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.