FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...  (Read 1472277 times)

Rugburn

• Camp Dog
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD...
« Reply #1650 on: May 10, 2016, 09:23 AM »
  I forgot to put the plug in my old boat once. Noticed my feet getting wet.... :o   Turned on the pump and gunned it. You're right F&R, they stand up at this point. Once I got the majority of the water out, I grabbed the plug and jumped in the lake and went back to step one. There is a certain pucker factor involved.

coachwarner

« Reply #1651 on: May 10, 2016, 10:46 AM »
2" of water on the floor is enough to make anybody pucker up and lose interest in fishing...gotta go fix my boat! I'll bet Release was livid with the boat; but kooler heads prevailed and filet figured it out and returned to shore...safely. Glad you made it back Ok. Good ending, I'd hate to see a Lund sink!! :o :-[

And those 22-24" fish on the Leader Board are the ones you Diehards released over the past few seasons most likely..;) ::)
I'm sure we caught a few of those fish  :flex: That's the only down side of tournaments. A lot of big fish get killed  :-\

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

filetandrelease

« Reply #1652 on: May 10, 2016, 03:12 PM »
2" of water on the floor is enough to make anybody pucker up and lose interest in fishing...gotta go fix my boat! I'll bet Release was livid with the boat; but kooler heads prevailed and filet figured it out and returned to shore...safely. Glad you made it back Ok. Good ending, I'd hate to see a Lund sink!! :o :-[

And those 22-24" fish on the Leader Board are the ones you Diehards released over the past few seasons most likely...  ;) ::)
Yea I could have fished but I was a little wet , tourneys do kill off some bigger ones , but those real good ones aren't the best spawners though , and they don't taste as good as the 16-18" fish and that's JMO ,

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #1653 on: May 10, 2016, 03:59 PM »
Don't feel alone Edd  , 4th year in a row the wife and I didn't make the opener , I guess it's true Lunds don't sink had 2" of water up on the deck before  I could find the problem and get it stopped , , got it pumped out and part is on order , could have fished but by then , just lost interest , samething happened to big jimmy last year
That sure was a tight tourney board 22"-24" congrats to all that placed
glad you got it figured out bud, plenty of season ahead ;)

filetandrelease

« Reply #1654 on: May 10, 2016, 04:04 PM »
glad you got it figured out bud, plenty of season ahead ;)
Absolutely  :flex:

BUCKEYES

« Reply #1655 on: May 10, 2016, 06:44 PM »
F&R what seemed to be the problem? I have a Lund also just in case I run into same problem. Did manage a 15th place finish this year. Was a little tougher than last couple year openers. Managed 12 for the weekend. Nice to get back at it!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #1656 on: May 10, 2016, 07:07 PM »

Nice job Buckeyes , well it was the drain for the live well , that fitting broke so when the pipe lowered water just rolled in , all ya need is an extra pulg and insert from the out side to stop the water is all and I always carry extra little things

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #1657 on: May 10, 2016, 08:07 PM »
Like extra sandwich for release????...h2l

filetandrelease

« Reply #1658 on: May 10, 2016, 08:11 PM »
Like extra sandwich for release????...h2l
Lol , well let's just say he didn't let his sandwich get soggy  ;)

slamboney

• hook em so hard they go cross eyed!!
« Reply #1659 on: May 11, 2016, 09:20 AM »
Caught 90% of my fish before first light on opener, after the sun came up it got tough. Went the last 3 hours without a bite I can't take that kind of action. I have fished at midnight every year for about the last 20 years but this time I said heck with it, I'll just go early - wish I had gone at midnight though, because the bite was on.

I waded out Monday night and got a limit in about 45 minutes then a few through backs, fished from 9:30 -10:30. 

Glad you figured it out Freddy, I have a couple similar incidents over the years - a boat filling with water is no fun.
shut up and fish

reeleyz

« Reply #1660 on: May 11, 2016, 11:28 AM »
Nice job Matt.

filetandrelease

« Reply #1661 on: May 11, 2016, 01:47 PM »

Great job Matt ?, glad you smashed them

KingPerch

« Reply #1662 on: May 11, 2016, 07:14 PM »
Caught 90% of my fish before first light on opener, after the sun came up it got tough. Went the last 3 hours without a bite I can't take that kind of action. I have fished at midnight every year for about the last 20 years but this time I said heck with it, I'll just go early - wish I had gone at midnight though, because the bite was on.

I waded out Monday night and got a limit in about 45 minutes then a few through backs, fished from 9:30 -10:30. 

Glad you figured it out Freddy, I have a couple similar incidents over the years - a boat filling with water is no fun.
Sounds like you had an EPIC bite before daylight. Good job Matt! 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1663 on: May 11, 2016, 09:41 PM »
Way to put it to them Slammy!
Nice job findin em

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #1664 on: May 12, 2016, 02:41 PM »
I'm working in Jewell right on the lake this week. Saw some diehards out there in that sun today...man it must have been hot out there! 😓  I was able to splash the boat last Saturday afternoon. Looking for a cheap jet ski lift that I can modify or a regular old boat hoist. I hate launching all the time when I want to fish when I have a spot where I can keep my boat. Just don't trust ol Oneida enough to leave it anchored out front.
Nice job findin em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.