FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: fried crappie recipse?  (Read 4556 times)

allextremesfishing

fried crappie recipse?
« on: Jun 22, 2010, 10:12 AM »
caught a few slabs last night and am wondering on how to prepare them.

perchgypsy

Re: fried crappie recipse?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2010, 10:16 AM »
i mix egg with a little milk first
then wash off fillets good
than i dip in flour 
than the egg
than some italian season bread crumbs
and fry till golden brown
crappie i usually let fry a little longer than perch because of the softer texture
man im hungry  ;D

tigershark44

« Reply #2 on: Jun 26, 2010, 01:59 AM »
a friend of mine got me to try mixing Ritz crackers and Chicken in a bizcut crackers in a food processor to make my own base, then add spices to taste.  Has become the favorite breading in the house. :thumbup_smilie:

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jun 26, 2010, 03:12 AM »
Try this;
brush with olive oil, salt and pepper, top with salsa and broil or better yet.......grill.

DEEELISH!
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

stevekreis

« Reply #4 on: Jun 26, 2010, 05:43 AM »
a friend of mine introduced me to this recipe this last winter it has become my favorite. roll the fillets in seasoned flour, pepper salt garlic powder and onion powder till coated and then dip in egg wash and roll in italion bread crumbs that ,and this is the kicker, has been seasoned with carrabien jerk seasoning use just enough of the jerk seasoning untill you start to see it in the bread crumbs  then pan fry. also my favorite recipe for walleye is a beer batter , one egg and beer , substitute for water, and pancake mix. the trick is to make the batter thin and to keep it as cold as possible like ice water in another bowl underneath the one with the batter in it pan fry untill golden brown. the salso recipe is good too but i put a twist on it especially for salmon or trout i coat the filletts with my favorite mustard and then top with salsa and the add parmesan cheese then bake  or grill. sqeeze a little lemon and a pad of butter and your eating like kings. steve kreis

stevekreis

« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2010, 05:46 AM »
d**n and now im hungry too!!! and its only 645 in the morning! ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.