FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: new species and personal bests 2015  (Read 2721 times)

panfishman13

• it's what i do!
new species and personal bests 2015
« on: Sep 15, 2015, 10:28 PM »
we'll start in early february with my PB rainbow trout which i caught through the ice on one of the grossest ice fishing days ever. (nothing but rain all day)
5 lbs 12 oz.

next big fish for the 2015 season didn't come until may, new species and personal best flathead catfish
8 lb 9 oz.

next is my PB common carp (i swear this thing is made of solid gold, i've never seen such a beautiful carp!)
didn't have the scale, we estimated it at roughly 20 lbs

almost immediately after that came my PB smallmouth
18 inches on the dot (estimated at 3 lbs)

after that in late June i caught a brown bullhead, which is a new species for me
1 lb 3 oz. honestly not bad sized bullhead

a couple days later i went on a guided fishing trip on lake pend orielle in northern Idaho, and caught both the lunker of the trip and a new species
a 6 lb 8 oz. lake trout

and most recently, i blasted my previous channel catfish record (used to be 5 lbs 9 oz.)
9 lbs 9 oz. exactly 4 pounds heavier. that night was crazy hot and humid, exactly the kind of night to spend fishing for catfish.

and in the close but no cigar bracket we have:
a 9 3/4 inch bluegill, so close to my PB 10 inches. i never keep bluegill over 8, so this one should hopefully be 11 next time i catch her

never have i caught so many big fish in one season, nor so many new kinds. here's to the rest of 2015! i can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
Re: new species and personal bests 2015
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2015, 02:41 PM »
150 People have looked at this and not said one thing for 3 weeks. NICE FREAKIN' WORK THERE! Looks like it's been a good year for sure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.