FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: First Carp Hunt of the Year  (Read 10908 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
First Carp Hunt of the Year
« on: Jun 02, 2009, 04:42 AM »
I hit the stream for a carp hunt on Sunday last. The wind was up to 30+ and it was hard sight fish them. I got out late...too late in the morning....missed the feed. So, no luck on the first trip. I saw some monsters. 20lbs and up. Water was cold from the recent front...only 58 degrees.

On the bright side, I saw several deer cross the stream about 20 yards from me, had a muskrat swim by within a rod length and watched a pair of mink working the bank.

I'll be back out this weekend ;D
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: First Carp Hunt of the Year
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2009, 05:06 PM »
Did a bit better this morning. Managed to score on 2 nice fish, after losing 2 others. Both were in the 15-20lb range and were caught on crawlers and 4 lb test Blue Stren. I got out early and found a nice feeding pod, working the edge of the stream. It was a 4 hour hunt...but, well worth it.

Sorry about the picture quality, used my phone.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2009, 09:47 PM »
Nice carp rgfixit. :)

WW

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:36 PM »
You're right...any moron can shoot a carp. You seem to fit the bill.

RG

monkeyman2269

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 06:50 PM »
nope i have also caugt 12 in 2 hours on rod and reel :'(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Well aren't you just a wonder. Why do you bother posting this crap. Just to get a rise out of people? Looking back through your posts is depressing. You add nothing positive to this forum. Why don't you troll somewhere else?

RG

monkeyman2269

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:58 PM »
wow my bad what state u get those carp ne ways

stoph

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 02:12 PM »
 good job rg, i'm 3 and 0 for carp so far this yr. but been busy and fishing the wrong times. this week i'll get my golden remedy i hope!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 05:38 PM »
They're not really up in the creeks I fish just yet. The water temp is getting there. I'd say another couple of weeks and I'll be up to my elbows in feeding pods.
The hunt will be on!
RG

DAN1681

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 02:42 PM »
Nice fish RG.  Hope to get onto them soon myself.  Gotta find some streams, I've only gotten them out of lakes and I havent seen many yet.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 05:42 PM »
Just got back from my stream. I went to take a look see for carp. None just yet, but I whacked a nice smallmouth ;D

I'm sure there's a few pods that moved up and with tomorrow's warmth there will be more. Rain this weekend will bring the stream up and it'll be go time!
RG

stoph

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 11:06 PM »
I've been haulin here in ontario!!!! 

It started sloooooow this yr. i tried first in mid april, it took me 4 sessions to get a fish. Its been a slow warm up (its still kinda crappy weather now) but in the last couple weeks i've really started landing some fish. The biggest so far is 26lbs. Last time out i landed 17 carp and lost 3, i was out for about 5 hrs. I'ts so nice go home with a stinky net and sore arms!

stoph

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 11:06 PM »
 where are you rg?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 02:45 AM »
 I'm here. I've been chasing the walleye. I've been in the stream a few times but the carp aren't up as yet. The water temps are still pretty low. I expect that this will change in the next couple of weeks.

I've been working on a crayfish fly pattern I'm hoping will work on the stream carp. I have to get back to the fly shop and get some other materials.

I'm happy to see that someone is having some success.

RG

monkeyman2269

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 05:15 PM »
in rochester i have seen around 50 or so in the past week

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.