FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514850 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3030 on: Jul 27, 2019, 05:21 AM »
Nice bart..  :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3031 on: Jul 28, 2019, 11:47 AM »
Put up another batch of refrigerator pickles this morning. Tossed in some fresh cow horn peppers from the garden. I sampled the peppers to see how hot they are........OH BABY THEY'RE HOT!

I'm really working on this recipe this year. I didn't plant as many pickles as last year and still have a cupboard full. A good opportunity to branch out.

Ended up planting 4 of the Brussels sprouts in the garlic bed.

Might be late but we'll see. Also got the broccoli started in the trough planter. Pulled the last crop of radishes till September.

Wax beans are in the ground now as well.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3032 on: Jul 28, 2019, 12:28 PM »
Nice Bob.  I think I will be buying cucumbers this year..   Thank goodness for all the throw away pepper plants I saved in one of the greenhouse..
Another batch cleaned and ready for stuffing and the smoker...

And sausage cooling to mix in the other goodies...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3033 on: Jul 28, 2019, 06:55 PM »

Began operation pickle production, 5 jars of my signature sweet and spicy, 2 Polish dill, 2 jars of spicy dilly beans. Cant wait to try them tomorrow!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3034 on: Jul 29, 2019, 05:00 AM »
Nice batch Ed.....

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3035 on: Jul 30, 2019, 01:49 PM »
Check out the size of this Armenian cucumber I just pulled out of the garden. I might slice it and use it as burger buns.

Wicked Wec

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3036 on: Jul 30, 2019, 02:00 PM »
Very cool SHaRPS never seen one..
Show pictures when you cut it open...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3037 on: Jul 30, 2019, 03:16 PM »
That's one mutant cuke! What's the orange thing next to it?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3038 on: Jul 30, 2019, 03:34 PM »
That's one mutant cuke! What's the orange thing next to it?

Rg

That is a fully grown squash. haha
Wicked Wec

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3039 on: Jul 31, 2019, 07:22 AM »
Did a little reading on the Armenian cucumber. It's more closely related to a musk melon than a cuke. What do they taste like? Cuke or melon or something in between?

I'm thinking they'd make some really good pickles. Definitely on my list for next year.

Rg

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3040 on: Jul 31, 2019, 07:56 AM »
Did a little reading on the Armenian cucumber. It's more closely related to a musk melon than a cuke. What do they taste like? Cuke or melon or something in between?

I'm thinking they'd make some really good pickles. Definitely on my list for next year.

Rg

They taste just like cucumbers but are a lot more crispy and they do not have that defined skin taste at all like you get from english cucumbers. I love them sliced with tomatoes and italian dressing or sliced and mixed with sour cream and salt.
Wicked Wec

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3041 on: Jul 31, 2019, 02:35 PM »
Gotta pickle some of those bad boys next year. Thanks for bringing them to our attention.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3042 on: Jul 31, 2019, 03:00 PM »
I know I will be starting some in the spring...   ;D

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3043 on: Aug 01, 2019, 07:09 PM »
My garden overflowith . I'm drowndin  in peas beans and cukes. Zuchinni galore, desperately waiting on Dom to share his relish again..... And the tomato parade is soon ariving. Work is killing me but the bank is happy and a 24x40 pole barn is soon to come, with an indoor grow tent! Happy Dots!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3044 on: Aug 02, 2019, 05:50 AM »
Its getting hard to read Ed..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.