FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 513000 times)

tomturkey

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3000 on: Jul 15, 2019, 05:04 PM »
I just ate a favorite from the past. I stopped at a friends house the other day. He had a 5 gallon bucket of fresh picked peas. He had picked that many the day before so his wife tried to get me to take the whole bucket as she was not looking forward to shelling that many again. She handed me a big bag, that I did not totally fill. I had to pay dearly to get some small potatoes so the wife could make me creamed potatoes and fresh green peas.

The friend has a whale of a garden that started out as p-mire SAND. I asked him how he got such a great garden out of it. He pointed to what is left of the dump truck load of cow manure he bought.

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3001 on: Jul 15, 2019, 08:07 PM »
Great stuff everyone! I'm starting to pick away, got 3 Zucchini and a cuke a hand full of raspberries and a half dozen strawberries tonight. Pickle production will be in full swing by the weekend. Tomatoes are on the way and peppers are flowering. Pease are late but thw vines are 5' and beans are in full flower. Cant wait to cut the grocery Bill in half  ;)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3002 on: Jul 16, 2019, 07:49 AM »
Harvested taters and pickles this morning.

A really nice potato crop this year. Stuck a few that got damaged in digging them up into the compost bin. Could be interesting. I'll have enough pickles for a batch this weekend. Love my pickles

Garlic is next I think.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3003 on: Jul 21, 2019, 09:25 AM »
Pulled about half of my garlic this morning. Really nice crop this year. Enough to share.

I'll have enough to plant and hold me over till next year.

Cut some dill to dry as well. Plenty in the garden for pickles.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

« Reply #3004 on: Jul 21, 2019, 04:36 PM »
Very nice Bob! 
I made my first real pull today, some mutant pickles :o

filetandrelease

« Reply #3005 on: Jul 21, 2019, 06:22 PM »

Wife has been busy cutting and drying , dill , sage , thyme , rosemary, chives , parsley , basil , oregano, , nothing like fresh herbs , guys your produce looks great , 👍

drowndin dots

« Reply #3006 on: Jul 21, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Wife has been busy cutting and drying , dill , sage , thyme , rosemary, chives , parsley , basil , oregano, , nothing like fresh herbs , guys your produce looks great , 👍
thanks Fred  8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3007 on: Jul 22, 2019, 07:21 AM »
Ha! Mutant pickles. I've got one pickle that's completely grown into the fencing. Gonna have to cut it out.

Made up a couple half gallon jars of refrigerator pickles yesterday. I'll let them sit for a few days before taste testing.

I'll probably pull the rest of the garlic this afternoon. Gotta get the Brussels sprouts in the ground. Have to prep the bed I pulled the taters from to plant some wax beans. I'm hoping to can and pickle some this year.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3008 on: Jul 22, 2019, 04:58 PM »
Pulled another 60 heads of garlic today. Time to top off the bed and plant the Brussels sprouts. 89 heads total this season. Some as big as my fist.

Love my garlic.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3009 on: Jul 22, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Nice job Bob and Eddie.  You guys are killing it..That's just awesome.   
Got 2 of my so called neighbors to build raised beds and they love them. It really makes a big difference.  Just my opinion..
Wish I could spend more time in mine.... :(
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3010 on: Jul 22, 2019, 05:37 PM »
But I did pick a bunch of different peppers from the green houses today.
Dr appointment in the morning and cleaning them. Bought some hot sausage  and gonna stuff some and put them in the smoker.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3011 on: Jul 22, 2019, 07:32 PM »
You still dealing with the collar bone issue?

Rg

drowndin dots

« Reply #3012 on: Jul 22, 2019, 08:05 PM »
Glad you finally showed up 8)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3013 on: Jul 23, 2019, 04:51 AM »
You still dealing with the collar bone issue?

Rg

Yes.   :(

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3014 on: Jul 23, 2019, 02:44 PM »
Got the peppers cleaned... Crockpot full of sausages peppers and onions..

2 bags of peppers for the freezer..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.