FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 515182 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3960 on: Sep 27, 2020, 04:58 AM »
Everything looks great Jack..... :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3961 on: Sep 27, 2020, 05:50 AM »
You’re a good gardener Jack!
Picked a gallon of beans yesterday and bought my seed garlic. I’ll be amending a couple beds and planting that next weekend I’d guess. I’m replanting the largest of my last harvest along with some really nice seed I get from a local farm market. They put up quarts of cloves this time of year and sell them for$6.50. The largest will be planted and the rest will go in some peanut oil for cooking.

Still picking yellow plum tomatoes. The rest are pretty much done.

With the cold temps headed our way this week, the flower gardens will be finished as well. Everything will get a rest till spring when the cycle begins again.

People who don't garden are missing a big part of life. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic . As usual I learned a lot from you all.

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3962 on: Sep 29, 2020, 02:22 PM »
Did a bunch of garden work today. Pulled the rest of the beans and the plants. Also pulled the San Marzano tomatoes. Brought a bunch of sort of green ones in to see if they’ll ripen at all. Prepped one of the garlic beds. Got the tractor all cleaned up, high lift blades sharpened one on and put the leaf bagger on it. Leaf season is on us here.

Tomorrow I have to get my Chipper/shredder going. Lots of stuff to grind up. It’s a most satisfying machine. Lots of noise and power to grind up anything you toss in.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3963 on: Sep 30, 2020, 03:04 PM »
Big bowl of beans to freeze tomorrow.

Should hold us for a while.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3964 on: Sep 30, 2020, 04:01 PM »
Big bowl of beans to freeze tomorrow.

Should hold us for a while.

Rg

And some tomatoes as well!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3965 on: Sep 30, 2020, 05:22 PM »
Well, hopefully. The San Marzano plants produced copious quantities of tomatoes. Definitely going to plant them next year.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3966 on: Oct 03, 2020, 04:59 PM »
Lots of outdoor work today. Harvested spinach, Planted garlic and mulched. Sifted out the compost bin and amended the raised beds. Picked up leaves while mowing the yards and piled into compost. Burned all the year’s worth of dropped sticks and such along with some workshop scrap.  Nice fire!

Good dinner, a wee dram of bourbon with some dark chocolate......a full, rich, day!

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3967 on: Oct 04, 2020, 05:00 AM »
Nice pick Jack.. :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

seamonkey84

« Reply #3968 on: Oct 05, 2020, 02:51 PM »
Well I stopped by a hydroponic store today, and noticed that they had Carolina reapers growing outside in the fabric bags. I asked if they had seeds, and they let me pick a couple peppers to save seeds from. So there’s one less pack of seed I need to order.

Now I still need some white, yellow, Purple and orange peppers lol.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

gotagetm

« Reply #3969 on: Oct 05, 2020, 03:11 PM »
Those are freeking hot !

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3970 on: Oct 05, 2020, 03:33 PM »
Tried something new yesterday.
 Picked a bunch of tomatoes and made/canned  tomato soup.  One of my favorite out of the Campbell's soup can.
 But this stuff is unbelievable..
 Added all the ingredients.  Cooked it and ran it through the Victoro amish food processor....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3971 on: Oct 05, 2020, 04:22 PM »
Very creative Dom. Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches...talk about comfort food!

Rg

Badbrad2186

« Reply #3972 on: Oct 06, 2020, 06:40 PM »
Best year by far about to harvest 100-104 of zucchini off of 2 plants

seamonkey84

« Reply #3973 on: Oct 07, 2020, 11:39 PM »
Those are freeking hot !
Yea so I’ve heard  ;D I didn’t try them myself, I cut the top off and (wearing gloves) picked seeds out with a toothpick. When I was done, I hesitated, but I tapped the toothpick to my tongue, like as fast as I could but still touch it. About 5 seconds later that spot stung and my mouth burned like I bit into one of those dried Thai peppers cooked in Chinese food. I also have ghost pepper plant going already, and a shopping list of different peppers I want to get. Not really into really spicy foods myself, but making sauce sounds kinda fun and tasty to use in moderation. Then my family has a Chinese restaurant, and the kitchen staff love their hot peppers. One of the de-seeded reapers, ain’t with a ghost and a handful of fresh Thai chili went to the restaurant for them to try. The other I froze to use in my ghost pepper sauce I hope to make. If it’s too hot for me to use, then my buddy will have something to keep deer out of his garden  :evil: :evil:
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

O

« Reply #3974 on: Oct 08, 2020, 09:14 AM »
You can see where the Carolina Reaper is on this scale.  More the 2X hotter than a ghost pepper.  Very, very hot!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.