FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 514871 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3990 on: Oct 17, 2020, 01:01 PM »
That is a huge bell pepper.... :w00t:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

seamonkey84

« Reply #3991 on: Oct 17, 2020, 08:35 PM »
I’m hoping to get at least another week or two with my hot peppers, the night temps haven’t dropped to freezing yet, and I have my plants in a zipped up shelter.
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #3992 on: Oct 17, 2020, 09:06 PM »
I love the fall season , but I hate closing up all the gardens for the winter.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3993 on: Oct 18, 2020, 03:23 PM »
Yeah...me too!
But...that said I spent most of the morning cleaning up all the gardens. Pulled the Dahlias to store the tubers for spring. Pulled the last tomato plant and the potted begonias. We had two types of begonias in a large pot. One of them was from what looked like a tuber so I took those and potted them up to see if they would sprout indoors.

We have a begonia that I potted from the garden that’s 6 years old now. Each spring when it warms up I put it outdoors. Each fall I bring it in and put it in our powder room window. Love having flowers and plants indoors when its 0 outside and three feet of snow on the ground.

So.....I Dug up our other Gerbera Daisy and potted it to bring indoors for the winter. (Theres 2 now)

Cut the Rosemary and hung it to dry. Last of the herbs to be collected. Collected seed from wild flowers, Asiatic Lilly’s  and Cardinal Climbers. I’ll plant those next season.

Then my Son and I pitched some shoes and had a couple beers.

A full rich day!

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3994 on: Oct 31, 2020, 05:13 AM »
Checked my gardens yesterday to find that my Garlic has sprouted up about 5” already. I got worried and did some research. Everything says its very good. It’s getting well established,

I’ll put some more mulch on it when I pick up leaves today. Also, my lone Brussels Sprout plant is making sprouts....finally. Theres still hope for that . Spinach has sprouted in the trough planter. Had some store bought the other night and it just ain’t the same as my home grown.

Might bury the rope lights in there tomorrow. Add a bit of warmth.  Dug up 2 Gerbara Daisies and potted them a couple weeks ago. They’re both happily flowering on our kitchen table. It’ll be nice to have flowers around in the dead of winter.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3995 on: Dec 18, 2020, 06:01 AM »
Well it looks like one of the big greenhouses collapsed. Well at least half of it.... >:(
 I will have to get better pictures later..

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #3996 on: Dec 18, 2020, 06:19 AM »
That sucks, sorry to hear

filetandrelease

« Reply #3997 on: Dec 18, 2020, 07:59 AM »

Sorry to hear Dom

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3998 on: Dec 18, 2020, 11:20 AM »
Not good.  >:(

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3999 on: Dec 18, 2020, 01:26 PM »
Looks like a lot of work to me.

Rg

Mac Attack

« Reply #4000 on: Dec 18, 2020, 03:09 PM »
d**n!!!

Sorry Dom.
That sux.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4001 on: Dec 18, 2020, 03:31 PM »
Nothing left to do but smile, smile , smile.... (grateful dead)    ;D ;D
 Its just not going to be fun cleaning it up..   Hope we have an early thaw...

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4002 on: Dec 18, 2020, 04:14 PM »
Go fishing and eat well till the time comes. I’d guess there’s not much you can do about it right now.

Wish I was there to help.
Bob

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4003 on: Dec 18, 2020, 09:35 PM »
Sorry to hear Raq,

wallyworld

« Reply #4004 on: Dec 19, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Sorry to see this Raquette  :'( :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.