FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 512917 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #4050 on: Feb 27, 2021, 07:57 AM »
If there cracked or broken or can’t use them they go in the recycling bin and trash company picks them up.
 If there is any left over good ones we will use them..
 99% of the pots used are brand new...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4051 on: Feb 28, 2021, 06:10 AM »
Going to put the babies in 4 inch pots today.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4052 on: Feb 28, 2021, 06:20 AM »
That’s cool...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4053 on: Feb 28, 2021, 07:43 AM »
Going to put the babies in 4 inch pots today.

I’ll be interested to see how that works out for you. I could collect a lot of seed from my asparagus bed.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4054 on: Mar 01, 2021, 03:33 PM »
The wind had the greenhouses rocking and rolling..
 Got a thousand plugs in today and got them planted..

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4055 on: Mar 03, 2021, 02:14 PM »
Things are filling up..

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4056 on: Mar 03, 2021, 02:56 PM »
Amazing!!! Makes me very anxious for spring.
Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

MILLERMANKT

« Reply #4057 on: Mar 03, 2021, 09:31 PM »
Me too

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4058 on: Mar 04, 2021, 04:30 AM »
Had half asparagus transplanted and left the others for today in a different spot. Apparently cats like asparagus sprouts, I dont know which one to go after. Dogs are so much better. Still have the ones i transplanted at least. Time to start veggies.

cnypanfisher

« Reply #4059 on: Mar 06, 2021, 06:14 AM »

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4060 on: Mar 07, 2021, 08:25 AM »
Sunny day out there. Tulips are popping through along with crocus, daffodils, irises and a bunch of other stuff don’t remember the names of.

Rg

fishinator

« Reply #4061 on: Mar 07, 2021, 08:41 AM »
Question for you experienced gardeners. In laws gave me a couple raised planter boxes a few years ago. I have tried growing several different garden plants in them with poor results. I assume they don't grow well because the soil gets to hot. Any idea what would grow well in them? Or should I just put a glass cover and use as a cold frame?

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4062 on: Mar 07, 2021, 02:29 PM »
There’s a lot of questions here.
What have you tried to grow
What type of soil have you used
How deep are they
What are “poor results”

I grow 90% of my crops in raised beds with little problem.

Anyway, I spent a good part of today out there in the cold and sunshine doing some cleaning up in my gardens. Cut back the asparagus, cone flowers, sedum, marigolds and other late fall leftovers. Got the tractor out of the garden and in the garage to do some spring tuneup ( not that it needs much).

Fenced in my flower beds to keep the deer from eating my tulips, daffodils, crocuses and lilies. Last year they murdered 60% of them.

Really great to get some sun, fresh air and gardening in.

A taste of things to come.

Rg

ActiveTrapChecker

« Reply #4063 on: Mar 07, 2021, 04:06 PM »
Greenhouses are coming along nicely Dacker.! Any idea when you can get to the damaged greenhouse, or have you already?

Do you plant just flowers or do you also plant veggies?

RG- I’m weeks away still from seeing my raised beds, although this week’s thaw will help

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4064 on: Mar 07, 2021, 04:44 PM »
Well, my beds are still frozen solid. Just not a lot of snow. In doing cleanup one of my Sedums was just blown over and out of the ground. It was already budding but displaced. I got a shovel thinking I might be able to replant it. Ha! Ground was hard as a rock.

I’ll probably put the plants in pots for a few weeks and than replant them. They’re pretty hardy...they’ll make it.

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.