FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sacandaga report ?  (Read 44146 times)

Tom Hannock

Re: Sacandaga report ?
« Reply #105 on: Apr 14, 2017, 10:27 AM »
I bought enough for all of us,I found them on Craigslist,A guy from Amsterdam makes them.Lurker and I went to his house and he had thousands of them.If I don't see you before the 6th.I'll give them to you then.
Hudson Temp. is 49* at Troy and there are fish in the Postenkill

OK sounds good.  First Hudson striper trip is planned for the 22nd and 23rd.  Might be a little early but my brother is coming up and wants to give it a shot.  If we can get herring we'll get stripers. 
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

Tom Hannock

« Reply #106 on: Apr 14, 2017, 10:34 AM »
Back trolling is how I learned this lake back in the early '70s. Old  Green flasher and Lindy Rigs. Put tons of fish in the boat. Don't use the rigs as much as I use to but at times it is what is needed. Jigs most of the time. I think I trolled spinners about 2 hours all last season....h2l

I also use a transom electric motor at times and if I'm marking walleyes on structure it's super easy to vertical jig while slipping in and out of gear keeping the transom into the wind but splashguards are a necessity if it's choppy or you get soaked pretty quick.   You can hover right over them and it's much more fun catching them that way versus trolling with a 3 oz bouncer and spinner rig or downriggers.  If I remember right rondog caught a couple one day but as usual he was mostly netting my fish ;D
Friends don't let friends use tipups.

rondog

« Reply #107 on: Apr 14, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Back trolling is how I learned this lake back in the early '70s. Old  Green flasher and Lindy Rigs. Put tons of fish in the boat. Don't use the rigs as much as I use to but at times it is what is needed. Jigs most of the time. I think I trolled spinners about 2 hours all last season....h2l

If it is the same guy in Amsterdam, I have seen his jigs. Looks like he has all half ounce. I seldom fish that big. I am sure they work well...h2l
That's the guy but he has them from 1/16 to 4 oz.

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #108 on: Apr 14, 2017, 04:02 PM »
I will have to stop in and check him out. Thanks. It is a shame to have weather like this and not be able to fish...h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #109 on: Apr 15, 2017, 04:39 AM »
Especially when you have a new toy to play with  8)

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #110 on: Apr 16, 2017, 07:23 AM »
Happy Easter. Saw 100's of walleyes in the creeks last night. Best run I have seen in the last couple years. Now IF the water levels don't change much it should be a good hatch. Water temp this morning was 43 degrees. Also one creek had a lot of suckers in it....h2l

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #111 on: Apr 19, 2017, 07:10 AM »
Didn't see as many walleyes last night but did see some nice ones. Creeks aren't running as much as they were. They still don't have the gate open at Northville launch. I would think by next week. Still lots of stuff floating in the lake...h2l

myemmy

« Reply #112 on: Apr 20, 2017, 01:27 PM »
Did the 18 inch limit for walleyes NOT make it for this season for the Great Sacandaga Lake???

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #113 on: Apr 20, 2017, 02:55 PM »
No changes in regs for this lake. Still five a day, 15 inches....h2l

maddie

« Reply #114 on: Apr 20, 2017, 09:32 PM »
i beg to differ with you ,page  5 of the new regs  sacandaga 18" 3per day

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #115 on: Apr 21, 2017, 03:04 AM »
i beg to differ with you ,page  5 of the new regs  sacandaga 18" 3per day
That is for Lake Pleasant & Sacandaga Lake in Speculator, Hamilton County, also including Kunjamuk River that comes out of Lake Pleasant.
Take another look, page 26 for Hamilton County.
Sacandaga Lake feeds Lake Pleasant, flows into the Kunjamuk River and that flows down to Lake Alquonquin in Wells, then flows into the Sacandaga River to Great Sacandaga Lake.   8)
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #116 on: Apr 21, 2017, 05:29 AM »
i beg to differ with you ,page  5 of the new regs  sacandaga 18" 3per day

I sure wish you were right but it isn't Great Sacandaga. The new regs are for Sacandaga, Hamilton Co.  I have wanted the 3/18" for years. I think it would make a great fishing lake in a few years for you KIDS....h2l

ADK Fishunter

« Reply #117 on: Apr 21, 2017, 06:17 AM »
I have always had a 17" rule in my boat. You don't get much of a filet from smaller walleye's. Now I need just a new bait shop ,
Fishing with an Attitude!

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #118 on: Apr 21, 2017, 07:09 AM »
You could open a new bait shop at the 4 corners....h2l

ADK Fishunter

« Reply #119 on: Apr 21, 2017, 07:41 AM »
It would be a good location but You have to marry that kind of business and it would like cut into to much of my fishing time. I am thinking about buying in bulk and being my own nightcrawler supplier.
Fishing with an Attitude!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.