FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!  (Read 373757 times)

filetandrelease

Re: Ya Know....We Need Another Cooking Topic!
« Reply #645 on: Apr 09, 2020, 06:59 AM »

Very tasty in deed

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #646 on: Apr 09, 2020, 07:08 AM »
I had to think about it for a minute when I first looked. Then  my childhood expeditions in search of bullfrogs for frogs legs came to mind. There was a cow field near us with a creek running through it where my brother and I used to go frog giggling. More than once we had to flee the bull. He didn't like us at all and at 10 years old he looked like an Abrams Tank coming our way.

Bet those were really tasty. We're they fresh or frozen?

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #647 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:00 AM »
Now you're talking!!
I absolutely love frog legs.

My brother and I used to hunt them with bb guns.

filetandrelease

« Reply #648 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:14 AM »

We use to use frogging sticks with my gramps and dad right into my early teens with my gramps sold the over flow to a local restaurant, only killed a few bullfrogs for the owners dinner table ,
 Great memories

gotagetm

« Reply #649 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:35 AM »
We were working on a bridge in the back roads in arcade few years back, the creek was loaded with bullfrogs,in my truck I had a 22 with no sight was my old trapping gun from years ago ,got it out and started popping them from bridge ( road was shut down) guy working with me wanted to try and he couldn't hit nothing! Well I look up and a state inspector was coming down bridge and asked us " what the hell you guys doing!" I thought we were gonna get in trouble,he laughed when I told and he asked if he could try! Haha think we ended up with a dozen or so ,they where awesome!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #650 on: Apr 09, 2020, 08:50 AM »
Nice Ed.. Love those things...
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #651 on: Apr 09, 2020, 11:07 AM »
It was a nice treat, great change of pace from chicken.... They were frozen but I couldn't tell. Always surprised by the amount of meat you get off them buggers. I'm gonna try and get some fresh ones this year for sure....

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #652 on: Apr 09, 2020, 01:16 PM »
Fish-cove in North Syracuse has them sometimes. I ordered 10 pounds for Christmas Eve a couple years ago. People went crazy for them!!! They came as 2 legs attached. Delicious!!

drowndin dots

« Reply #653 on: Apr 09, 2020, 04:56 PM »
Fish-cove in North Syracuse has them sometimes. I ordered 10 pounds for Christmas Eve a couple years ago. People went crazy for them!!! They came as 2 legs attached. Delicious!!
So did these. I cut them for easier cooking!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #654 on: Apr 09, 2020, 05:24 PM »
I've been checking. They run about $10 a pound online.

Can't wait till summer.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

drowndin dots

« Reply #655 on: Apr 09, 2020, 07:21 PM »
I'm gonna check this lil store again. I'd like to to do some differently. Love em fried, curious how they would be over some coals....

drowndin dots

« Reply #656 on: Apr 09, 2020, 10:08 PM »
Tonight was chicken pot pie with pillsbury flakey biscuit topping. Oh my Lord have mercy this was epic

First I plucked up enough courage to go get a rotisserie chicken from Walmart. Then I picked the meat off and made a stock from the bones. Strain the broth then sautee onions and baby carrots with a stick of butter. Add a half cup of flour and cook for another min or so. Add your stock and a cup of milk. Bring to a boil and add the chicken, pre cooked potatoes, and frozen peas. Use your favorite pie crust for the bottom, add the filling and cook for a half hour. Then later your biscuits on top and cook another 12 to 15 till brown. Let it set for 10 mins .... then get ready to have your mind blown....

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #657 on: Apr 10, 2020, 03:16 AM »
That looks pretty spectacular. I've got everything I need to do it from scratch. Except.....no peas for us. I'll probably add in some of our home grown frozen wax beans instead.

I'll make the crust and I have a couple packages of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits for the top. That ougt to work.

Thanks Ed...I know what I'm cooking tomorrow.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #658 on: Apr 10, 2020, 05:03 AM »
Looks good Ed. One of my favorites..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

bart

• Gone fish'n, not wish'n
« Reply #659 on: Apr 10, 2020, 05:59 AM »
drowndin dots, thanks for sharing! This looks simple and awesome. It might rank right up there with Sheppard's pie...
KEEP AMERICA GREAT!  God Bless America!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.