FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nungessor Lake part 1  (Read 1264 times)

Grimace

Nungessor Lake part 1
« on: May 28, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Headed to Nungesser Lake in Northwest Ontario for a week.   2000 k's and 25 straight hours of driving.   But it would all be worth it!!

The first time I have laid eyes on the Beautiful Lake Superior.  Really Good looking stuff

Thunder Bay.   I think that was haze from the forest fire but not sure.

Stopped in to see Terry.   He certainly caught the eye of the nation didnt he?   What a story

Finally the landing at the Nungesser river.   We headed upstream to the lake

Walleye Country

Ron was a trooper and a great guy, he went into the Drink with the 6 wheeler, then took us across the lake in a -2 degree windstorm

Do you think it might be a cold front??

After bad mouthing his best employee's to us and barely a welcome we started to see the light about this "kingdom".  2 many things to mention, and i wont.  thats not what this report is about. 

What a beautiful spot

Things were not looking good with the cold front conditions, but the lake is blanketed in walleye so you just slow up the presentation and catch 50 instead of 100.

I went down to the dock the second night and caught about 20 walleyes of the dock in less than an hour, when everyone saw my rod bent over every cast a few of the cottages emptied out to the docks.  the next night I caught about 40 off the dock along with 2 whitefish

the old man coming to get in on the ACTION

walleye were biting so furious I had to sneak behind a tree to put a minnow on the hook

the next night in a lightning storm beside the propane shipment we really nailed them
my first 10 casts 6 walleye 2 pike 2 whitefish, and it just continued

Raining again the next morning

There were eagles everywhere.  I only got 1 lousy picture

enough of the night dock reports,.   the days were stuffed full of walleyes like these, not a lot of big ones, but 16-22 inch walleyes were common, it was incredible.   if it looked like walleye there was walleye.  10 feet of water 25 feet of water walleye.  everywhere.  when the 3 cold fronts came in all you had to do was switch to a lindy rig and let em take it a bit.   walleye after walleye after walleye.

the old fella in his glory

float plane

the inflow river

after trying Jenny Craig, atkins, and Dr Bernstein, this pike finally lost 5 pounds and 6 inches off his waist with herbal magic

40" skinny pike

Good looking stuff

we usually went pike fishing in the morning, and switched to walleyes when we got bored of sitting there with a big sucker minnow waiting for the line to move.   the pike fishing was super slow for the big ones do to the cold fronts.

on the way back from pike fishing we stopped at a spot and caught 12 walleyes in 25 minutes under cold front conditions.   I love this lake.  just stop and catch a dozen walleye while taking a smoke break.   unbelievable

lots of wild weather

we got back close to camp for the afternoon.  the mist rain and fog rolled in

looks like  perfect conditions for another evening fish off the dock

Ron doing his thing working late into the night.  this guy made this place tick.  he saved a lot of peoples trips with his dilligence and kindness.

Camera flash picked up the mist.   again i had to turn my back to the lake to put minnows on the hook, walleyes every where

I will start part 2   just so its easier for the pics to load

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.