FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: billybono+andrewteets fishing pics 06 pg 6 kings browns coho walleybangers  (Read 14603 times)

Deposit

Lots of nice fish! Great job!!

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
Great kings!  You're making me jealous.  We've only been out on Lake Michigan once this year due to all kinds of trouble.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

pondpro

Nice fish.
Tommy G.

billybono

• just passin time till first ice!!!!!!!
Re: billybono+andrewteets fishing pics 06 (pg 5 smoker in action)
« Reply #63 on: Jul 08, 2006, 04:12 PM »
decided to try and smoke(again) some lake ontario kings to try and make them edible. here are some pics from day 4 of the smoking operation. ive been able to maintain a temp under 90 degrees with my propane off and just using 3 pieces if coal with some apple wood on top

smoker in action

temp gauge...couldent get a clear pic to come out. the big numbers above the needle is 100 though

this thing has been making serious smoke for 4 days now

ill give it another day, then see if these lake ontario salmon are edible at all

billybono

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms isn't just a government agency...
It's one heck of a party!!

www.myspace.com/billybono

devil-man

Give them two more days.  ;)

billybono

somthing has to work. these are fish from deep cold water and i havent been able to make em edible yet. this is the first time i have tryed to cold smoke em for more than a day....so i guess we will see

most of the smokehouses around here only smoke the fall spawning kings for a day, and people treat that stuff like its edible sex ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

billybono

fishboy

Stupid question, but are you brineing them first ?  Love that smoker. my wife got me one for Christmas I made a few racks of ribs on it awhile ago Slap your Grandms good mmmmm!  I smoke those Kings all the time and they are fine.  Brine em over night or so then smoke em with apple.  ya gotta let them cool down though. nasty when they're hot off the smoker :sick:
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

billybono

yeah ive brined em a bunch of different ways. i can cook some awesome babybacks, pulled pork, and chickens on it....but kings taste like the lake.(read mud)...dont care who ya are...they have been nasty in 10 different kinds of brine.  andy cold smoked some lakers from lake of the woods for a day and it was ok. ill tell ya there getting red as hell at this point ;)

biggest problem with that smoker is it burns too hot....change your regulator and consiter running an electric skillet as the heat source at times an you might have somthing  ;)

billybono

billybono

fishboy

Hmm...I haven't had that problem.. Just in case you haven't tried it, I'm sure you have,

The only brine I'll use is 1gal H2o+1 C salt and 2C packed dark brown sugar.  its a great all around brine I especially like it for quackers! 

Sucks that you can't make those things taste good.  If all else fails maybe you should stop using a chainsaw to cut your apple wood :P

those Oneida waldos are better anyway!

T
Swim with the fishes
live with the fishes
act like the fishes
smell like the fishes!

billybono

Hmm...I haven't had that problem.. Just in case you haven't tried it, I'm sure you have,

If all else fails maybe you should stop using a chainsaw to cut your apple wood :P

T

im not. an electric pruning saw with vegtable oil for bar oil  ;)

billybono

BAZOOKAJOE

You're better of spending those $$'s down to rudys!!  Just don't get crapped on by the seagulls.   :D

billybono

You're better of spending those $$'s down to rudys!!  Just don't get crapped on by the seagulls.   :D

hahaha  you havent been there in a while then...there off the list. small portions insane prices.....next time your in town canalies has a lunch special on friday....italian style haddock, homemade mac and cheese(which is awesome ;) ) or spagetti, and a salad for 6 bucks.  and trust me at 6 foot 230 can pound some grub, and im not hungry after it ;)

ask andy about the time he was 7 at the loop ,and a seagull took his hotdog smooth out of the bun!!!!!!as he was putting it to his mouth!!!!! i have never seen someone cry as hard as he did that day  :D :D :D :D :D   

the smaller fish turned out ok to my surprise.....grade a bar food thats for sure. i probably wont hesitate to keep a 5 pound or under king and cold smoke it for a week  ::) ::) ::) the bigger fish makes me think i just dont like smoked fish  :-\

billybono

Kyle

ask andy about the time he was 7 at the loop ,and a seagull took his hotdog smooth out of the bun!!!!!!as he was putting it to his mouth!!!!! i have never seen someone cry as hard as he did that day

billybono

lmfao..dude i gotta fish with ya someday... :laugh:
i guess at that myfishfinder/iceshanty fish in  ;D

billybono

lmfao..dude i gotta fish with ya someday... :laugh:
i guess at that myfishfinder/iceshanty fish in  ;D

if that ever does happen....i can almost guarantee ill be too drunk to fish  ;D  dont count me out from bieng up in Canada for an extended stay in the next few years .....there looking for serious manpower on the tar sand project  ;)

besides my brother sucks as a camera man...and your camera man should taking fish pics for a living!

billybono

billybono

Kyle

yeah..if u went up to the tarsands in northern AB..im southern AB(calgary)
its real good fishing...
although the real good pike fishing is in the reservoirs down south IMO
you could break your curse..  :P

damit..im still trying to break my curse too, biggest pike is like 15 or so..buddy got a 19 and a guy beside us got a 23.5 this winter.dam.
bring on the ice 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.