FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishinng in Crowds  (Read 5403 times)

Art 53

Re: Fishinng in Crowds
« Reply #15 on: Jul 19, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Like Devilman says I get there at 5:30 I've already set up a trolling set some boob comes at 8:00 with planer boards squeezing me out. the gear comes in cannon balls go over and we go lure shopping doesn't take long the dope is gone But sometimesthey think I'm the DOPE

crowkiller

• TASTES LIKE CHICKEN
« Reply #16 on: Jul 19, 2006, 07:38 PM »
Like Devilman says I get there at 5:30 I've already set up a trolling set some boob comes at 8:00 with planer boards squeezing me out. the gear comes in cannon balls go over and we go lure shopping doesn't take long the dope is gone But sometimesthey think I'm the DOPE
thats funny
OR      [IMG]

molsonport

« Reply #17 on: Jul 22, 2006, 07:13 PM »
just a reminder for the guys that are fishing in n.y. read nyecon title 1 section 11-0110. might help you out in the long run.

fishingonly2002

• hhmm I think I just felt a little thump.....
« Reply #18 on: Jul 22, 2006, 11:50 PM »
Im in a kayak, I have the luck to be so close the the water, if someone casts too closely I grab a line and win a free lure.

being something different though, anglers seem caught off gaurd and think since I dont have a motor I am a fragile little floaing thing and keep there space.

sometimes it goes compeltely opposite, and since I have no motor I dont exist to them.

Neal
hey dad..... do alligators eat kayaks?

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #19 on: Jul 23, 2006, 08:36 AM »
i hope i hook up and put on a show, the lakes we fish get crowded, we see the same boats year after year , they don't seem to do so well cause they are always following us around .if there trying to see what we're using they see an empty hook every time !!! we always hook up !!! that probably p.o.'s them but who cares. at the end of the day comes the satisfaction , they come ask how we did we say great,tell them how many, how big ---and then say weren't you close enough to know all this? --40 acres of lakes and you have to fish rite next to me . most of the time they aren't catching anything and thought they wasted they're time out there, but they have time and money but no knowledge ---thats what p.o.'s them the most---no knowledge!!!---bluuu

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2006, 10:38 AM »
I don't fish Mille Lacs very much in the summer because of the crowds. These idiots have hundreds of thousands of acres of water, and they insist on rubbing shoulders. I have always done allot better than the tourists finding structure out away from the crowds. I think the fish on that lake are actually becoming conditioned to stay away from the "boat Islands".

Bailbuster

« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2006, 11:28 AM »
Combat fishing!!! we have 2 ramps plus  marinas with slips and 100's of moorings where we fish the merrimack
in Ma. It gets so crowded there the next boat could net your fish,You have boats drifting bait or jigs and some bone head will drop the hook right in the middle of the drift.you talk about UG-LY.I have learned many new bad words .Then you have the the shore guys trying to fish and the same guy will drop anchor 50ft out infront of them thats where the 3oz come in to play . BB

Skipper

• MFF Mod Team
  • Fish for uglies!
« Reply #22 on: Jul 23, 2006, 01:56 PM »
I feel bad for you guys out east, it sounds like there are more dumb arses than there is water to float them.

MikeThePike

• Any signs of ice yet?
« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2006, 07:55 PM »
I'll stick to my newly found lakes hidden deep in the woods. Only other person I've seen back there in a dozen trip just drove back to set up a picinic for his family. You can't legally drive back and because of that, not many people know about them. No one bothers walking far enough to find out there are 2 lakes back there.

As soon as the tourists realize summers offically over I'll start hitting the big lakes for stripers.
Chasing them pigs with fins!

AK isn't coming soon enough....can't wait to fight with 1 grizzly for 100,000 fish instead of 1,000 snaggers for 10.

AD

• Born to fish
« Reply #24 on: Jul 23, 2006, 10:18 PM »
I know it was origonally for boats.   

But being a shore fisherman (all I have is a canoe otherwise) means that its not too too easy to move when I get set-up and get my lines out.     Ive had boat fishermen litterally fish right over my lines.     I now usually carry two tubs of chicken livers, one for the catfish and one to throw at fishermen who dont mind the first or second warning.     I havnt had to throw any yet, and I have really only had one bad experience, but that one was enough.   
A bad day of fishing still beats a good day of working
If a man fishes hard, what is he going to do easy?
You can't catch a fish on a dry line
the greatest fishing secret ever? patience.

Thestanimal

« Reply #25 on: Jul 24, 2006, 08:26 PM »
Usually I will confront people directly and let them know that they are too close politely.  Sometimes guys will get mouthy, but they get the point.  if that doens't work I will drive directly at them until they get the point.  It's worked well so far and no one has been waiting at the boat launch for me yet.
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

chillywillie

• Team Maine
« Reply #26 on: Jul 25, 2006, 06:42 AM »
I'm generally pretty quiet, but if someone is acting like an a***ole I can act like one too.  Last weekend I was trolling around a bunch of small islands where there isn't much room to manuever and some jerk in a huge pontoon boat came at a 90 degree angle to my stern about 30 feet behind.  You could plainly see 2 rods in holders with lines out and he still came through.  Luckily only one line was cut.  Needless to say, I hope there wasn't any little kids within earshot.

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #27 on: Jul 25, 2006, 07:35 PM »
start shooting skeet....worked on the pro bass guys recently  ;)

billybono

Hey! I like that idea!

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.