FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Saskatchewan Rainbow  (Read 8824 times)

husser

Saskatchewan Rainbow
« on: Jun 07, 2007, 12:32 PM »
New world record. 43.6lbs. Sask Rocks!!

Neptune

Re: Saskatchewan Rainbow
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2007, 01:59 PM »
Thats one hell of a fish!   :o  :o

But Man, I normally think Rainbows are a beautiful fish....not that one!  How close to the nuclear reactor did that thing swim???

Good Fishing!

Pigshanks

• Who stopped payment on my reality check?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Thats one hell of a fish!   :o  :o

But Man, I normally think Rainbows are a beautiful fish....not that one!  How close to the nuclear reactor did that thing swim???

Good Fishing!

No nukes in SK, so it must have been a Tim Horton's it got close to.

ALBERTA  REPORT A POACHER  1-800-642-3800 or #3800 on the TELUS Mobility network (Courtesy of TELUS Mobility)

fishuhalik

• The few, the proud, Team MN!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 08, 2007, 12:42 PM »
oh.  my.  gawk.  unbelieveable.  What lake did that fish come from?!  I had no idea they got close to that big.  I thought the world record was around upper 30s?
Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off

fish_finder

« Reply #4 on: Jun 08, 2007, 08:43 PM »
    :o That thing has some beer gut! ;D
Fishing isn't a hobby it's an addiction

metaliczombi

« Reply #5 on: Jun 10, 2007, 06:19 PM »
Apparently it's a triploid trout, which from what I read is the  result of lab work to sterilize the eggs just after fertilization to make the trout grow bigger and faster.  Too bad the IGFA is considering recognizing this trout as a record.  What about the hybrid sunnies they are growing now?  The pics show them beating any bluegill I've ever caught.  It's a big fish and I wouldn't mind having the chance to catch it but a World Record?  I am not sure about altering the genetics of the fish in a lab then calling it a world record.  Just my opinion, agree or disagree.  Big fish anyway.

Lick

« Reply #6 on: Jun 29, 2007, 12:47 PM »
Triploid or not,it still has to be caught in open water with a hook and line. I think it should count. It takes the same skill and dedication to catch them as anything.  It's not cheating like Barry Bonds or anything, even he will get at least an asterisk in the record book!

keva

« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2007, 08:13 PM »
Did they say it was a triploid? I was just reading about the triploids  being released in California lakes. They should not be counted as record fish. I don't see why they introduce them to the wild seeing as they do nothing. I would not feel guilty about keeping a man introduced non-spawning fish.

bbkyle35

« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2008, 12:05 PM »
it wouldn't make sense to ban them as records. triploids can be found in the wild too. If they were banned a legitamate fish could be disqualified.
Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak. ~Ted Nugent

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2008, 02:49 PM »
they need their own category. ;D

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

rileyross

« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2008, 06:55 PM »
That thing is almost as wide as it is long!!!!!! :bowdown:

JiggerMan

• Man do I love Fishing
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Own category gets my vote to..... it should count for something.... but it is not fair to have it in the same category as a normal rainbow trout.  the triploids are far superior in growth rates than non triploids, thus giving them a clear advantage. 

I would love to have a triploid at the end of my line that big!!!!

spartaman12

• FISH ON!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Own category gets my vote to..... it should count for something.... but it is not fair to have it in the same category as a normal rainbow trout.  the triploids are far superior in growth rates than non triploids, thus giving them a clear advantage. 

I would love to have a triploid at the end of my line that big!!!!

judging by the size of the lure they were using im guessing that they knew that the trout got that big in that lake

hockey12

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26, 2008, 07:16 AM »
That is huge!

sunfishkid

« Reply #14 on: Mar 26, 2008, 02:49 PM »
thats a huge rainbow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.