FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: perch stringer mount  (Read 11727 times)

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Re: perch stringer mount
« Reply #15 on: Aug 30, 2005, 02:45 PM »
nice detail...beautiful job.  better than many professionals.
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

Hookset

« Reply #16 on: Aug 30, 2005, 02:47 PM »
Good enough to eat!  Great work!
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

synergyboy10

• summer time flag
« Reply #17 on: Aug 30, 2005, 04:48 PM »
id pay u. thats some nice work. creative
hurry grab that rod.

www.teamthrillseeker.com

crappie66

• BOILER UP
« Reply #18 on: Aug 31, 2005, 02:58 AM »
I don't know what you do for a living now and how well off you are, but I can honestly say you could do this taxidermy thing professionally.  I have seen "professional" mounts online and in person, and they don't even compare to the quality of what I can see from yours.

I am going to need shipping instructions and an address for when I catch a fish I need mounted.

Dr. IceGeek

« Reply #19 on: Aug 31, 2005, 12:31 PM »
crappie66,
    thanks for the kind words, and all else who replied.  as i've said before this is just a hobby and i'm not sure if it would be as gratifying to have to do it.  seeing as I have about 10 years of schooling under my belt I think my earning potential would be somewhat less as a full time taxidermist than what I am doing now, but I still wouldn't mind starting a little something on the side.  i've thought about doing some fish taxidermy on the side but right now it's still just a thought.  by the way, crappie66 there is a pic of a crappie that I mounted under the thread "let's see your fish mounts" on page 3 I think......and under the thread "latest creation" there is a mount of a fiberglass 3D smallmouth that I did if anyone is interested.....
Dr. IceGeek

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
« Reply #20 on: Sep 03, 2005, 12:00 AM »
 Way to go Dr. IceGeek that's an awesome fish mount. Those perch look so life like that you should expect to see them flopping on the stringer. I like the way you added the natural elements like drift wood and the rusty well used stringer, those little details are what makes a quality mount and you have captured it to a tee.
 I don't see anything wrong with them at all, I think your friend should be very pleased to receive them, I know I would. Keep up the good work.
 :thumbup_smilie: ;)

WW
Calmly Waiting For Opening Day

AirManCam

« Reply #21 on: Apr 02, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Dude that is an amazing job!
Iceshanty=AirManCam
MyhuntingForum=BigBuckTaker16

kappy

« Reply #22 on: Apr 02, 2006, 07:16 AM »
Ice geek   great job and vibrant colors,, I wish I could do that
very nice indeed. paint job is excellent      Kappy

Fishingking

« Reply #23 on: Apr 02, 2006, 06:14 PM »
That is really awesome DR. Geek too bad you can make more money being a Doc. Alot of fisherman would really appreciate a mount from you on their wall :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

GasBlaster

• Welcomes green fish !!
« Reply #24 on: Apr 03, 2006, 05:51 PM »
OMG now that is nice. Very detailed realistic looking mount . Like the others said better then most of the pros out there getting money for it . Just an awesome job there .The colors are so real it is just crazy . Great job.  :o :o :o

Now I can always find something to pic anything apart . So here it goes . I don't know how to say this ,But the fish seem to wet ??  maybe to glossy or something I'm not sure what is is ?  Maybe some gloss on the stinger and log would help it . Fish that wet looking would get the log wet to . But hey I can't even spell taxidermy with out spell check so who am I to say .

Waubay Fisher

« Reply #25 on: Apr 05, 2006, 09:56 PM »
This is definitely a GORGEOUS mount.  I've always wanted to get a few big perch mounted, and I have to say - if I were to get a few nice ones for a stringer mount - I would pay same-day refrig. delivery (if they have it) to send them too you, plus pay you whatever you'd want for doing it, and throw in return-shipping plus some extra just for the hassle.  It is THAT GOOD, in my opinion...

Excellent work!

troop19

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 01:04 PM »
 :D nice pic and fish

pirkaus

• Have you ever been too drunk to fish?
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2006, 06:06 PM »
That is an amazing mount.   It is easy to see that you paid attention to every detail and put part of yourself in it.   That is truly a piece of art and your friend is a lucky to receive such a thoughtful gift.
If the rule is 5 fish or 5 pounds, what if the 5th fish weighs 5 pounds?

Muskie Matt

« Reply #28 on: Jul 12, 2006, 07:24 PM »
Nice mount!

keva

« Reply #29 on: Jul 12, 2006, 08:54 PM »
What parts of the fish are not real other than the eyes? Looks great! Very realistic!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.