FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Seems like there is always someone.  (Read 2317 times)

1fish@atime

Seems like there is always someone.
« on: May 05, 2008, 05:18 AM »
 >:(

Fished the Hudson with my boy yesterday. The state stocked some 14" plus browns late last week. We love to catch and release them. But later in the day an older local guy came down and we started chatting. He asked if I had seen a red pick-up with a cooler on the front from Penn. I said yes they were there on Sat. night late. I had to work so we didn't go until 7pm or so. He said they were there Friday and when one guy caught one he opened the cooler and it was filled with fish. Since the limit is 5, only three guys, they had more than two days limit. Just burns me that people still do this and that when my sons kids are old enough to fish, there won't be any. It is different if its someone who needs the food.
 I wondered why when I caught a decent one, 16" one of the guys came running over and asked if I was keeping it, if not he would take it. I put it back stating I would like my boys kids to be able to catch fish as well. They left quickly after that. Headed to another spot without eyes watching them I'm sure.
 Just venting some steam.
 Scott

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
Re: Seems like there is always someone.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 06:40 AM »
1-800-TIPPDEC call that number next time!

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

adkbrookie

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 08:19 AM »
it's a regular thing. the fish taste horrible anyways.

troutbum

• Wish I was Fishing!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 01:51 PM »
Like adkbrookie said, "its a regular thing." You see the same type folks all over.
I have actually watched guys chasing the stock trucks with nets in the Kayaderosseras Creek.

Take Pooley's advice and call that DEC tip line next time you see those scumbags.
"Nature hides her secrets because of her essential loftiness, but not by means of ruse."
Einstein

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 02:15 PM »
No cell service right there. 

pooley

• Never Forget!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 03:57 PM »
channel 9-11 on a 2 way radio. cops monitor it. or on the way home with a plate number.

take a kid fishing!official b-breaker of N.Y.R.C.

Imissedem

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 04:11 PM »
Same way here in RI on the Blackstone River /I have already caught and released 60 + Rainbows and Browns and you will still see someone taking more than there limit.4 Guys were caught 2 weeks ago just by one phone call and i couldnt beleive how fast DEM got there.Dont hurt to call even if you suspect its worth it.Still wishing they would make it catch and release anyway its been a poluted river for years and is really getting cleaned up the past few years/Thanks to the Scouts and other local organizations.One of the best places for TROUT FISHING IN R.I.////////////TURN EM IN.

1fish@atime

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 06:16 PM »
 :o

Heres another point I forgot to mention. As it was white water weekend, the troopers were out and about. The old guy said he told one that rode into the rest area. He said to call dec. Also we lost one of the good ecos here last year and they have not replaced. So the last one that got called to help came 80 miles to the call. Just doesn't seem like our tax dollars go toward anything needed, just what they think we need.
Sorry to ramble.
Scott

dmntd169

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 07:34 PM »
It doesn't matter what state you go to. I've seen guys doing similar in NY, PA, NJ, VT and probably other states I can't remember off the top of my head.

I think of it this way. Those type of guys usually fish for a few weeks of the year (while they stock) and usually won't bother once the stockings stop since they catch catch fish that have smartened up from being in the rivers for more than a week.

I don't know how far your local DEC officer will go but I know the guy we had by me here in PA was the highest ranking warden in NEPA and would take license plate #s from other anglers and bust them with only that. How exactly he went about doing it I don't know but he took that kind of thing very very serious. Unforunately he retired last year and the new officers that took his place just won't go to the lengths that he did to stop guys like this.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
       ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><(((((((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.