FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Seneca Lake  (Read 9753 times)

slowpoke

• I'm Retired and 54 years old.
Re: Seneca Lake
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2008, 08:54 PM »
     Slowpoke, Wish I could say the same. I go shallow like you're talking about, & I either do shzit or dinks. Roughly where ya fishing and what are you using.
[/
    Fishing out of Severn with Fat Heads and Spikes.
Earl

grady95

« Reply #31 on: Feb 18, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Fishermen20,
 Roy's is always open because it's exposed to the lake but I must caution everyone thats thinking about lauching there, it is SHALLOW and would not take any boat over 16' if you like your prop to stay free of nicks and dings.

Tight lines,
Steve
Hey Guys,
I am a full timer at Roy's.  My boat is a good bit larger that 16' and it is possible for me to negotiate my way out to the lake.  Yes, the bay is shallow and you have to trim up until you get out to the bouy channel, but that's no big deal.  Larry had the launch dredged recently and it looks pretty clear.  He does keep up on it as best he can.
You can find them on the internet.  Search for Roy's Marina Geneva NY.
Now, have the perch moved up out of the deep yet?  I have been spending a lot of time on the hard water waiting for the perch to turn on.  Is it time to get back to Seneca?
Grady

Lund sss

• Tight Lines, Steve
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Grady95,

I'm not trying to Roy bash but you CAN navigate the channel at the marina its just not very deep. As far as the fish being deep last reports the I heard there still scattered. Hope to get out this weekend VHF CH. 68 call me if you'd like lauch out of Severne then north. Boat is Triple SSS

Tight Lines,
Steve

slowpoke

« Reply #33 on: Feb 21, 2008, 11:20 PM »
Grady95,

I'm not trying to Roy bash but you CAN navigate the channel at the marina its just not very deep. As far as the fish being deep last reports the I heard there still scattered. Hope to get out this weekend VHF CH. 68 call me if you'd like lauch out of Severne then north. Boat is Triple SSS

Tight Lines,
Steve
skunker,
Is the lauch in the breakwall still froze up ????  Really like  Sampson's launch but know it gets hard this time of year.
Thanks,
Steve
Earl

slowpoke

« Reply #34 on: Feb 21, 2008, 11:37 PM »
      I went to check Sampson Park out Wednesday and there is still allot of ice floating around. Fished Severn Tues. 33 perch in 20ft. of water. Anybody planing on going out make sure everything is legal I have been checked by the CO the last 3 times out. Plan on going out Monday again.
Earl

perchgod27

« Reply #35 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:09 AM »
 any info down there. thinking of going later in  week.  want to make the best of my $60 in fuel . lol

perchking83

« Reply #36 on: Mar 23, 2008, 06:47 PM »
Any info on how the fishing has been thinking of coming down later in the week. A buddy fished last week and did pretty good on minnows and oakleafs in 30 ft of water. they ened up with 47 and a lot of 12's and 13's and a couple 14's

johnrw

« Reply #37 on: Apr 17, 2008, 07:20 AM »
Good morning,
    Went to Seneca yesterday and fished the east side and got a few. Perch seem to be scattered and can't seem to find any schools of them.  Lots of pike being taken talking to other fishermen. Does anyone wanted to share any reports on how there doing and where to find the perch. Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks
John

johnrw

« Reply #38 on: Apr 20, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Went out Friday and couldn't find the perch on the east side, fished north of Samson. Caught only pike. Lake got like glass and nothing wanted to bite. When does the perch  fishing stop. Where do you catch the perch if the lake gets like glass? Anyone do any good the past few days?
Thanks
John

Trout6578

« Reply #39 on: Apr 24, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Fished i nthe derby this past weekend, we could not find them anywere along the west side, was cuyrious if anybody knows who won derby

johnrw

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2008, 12:50 PM »
Is anyone still fishing for perch on Seneca? Is anyone having any luck?
Thanks
John

Floating Algae

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Is anyone still fishing for perch on Seneca? Is anyone having any luck?
Thanks
John
Nope

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.