FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Moosehead Bait  (Read 1452 times)

Thestanimal

Moosehead Bait
« on: May 22, 2006, 09:36 AM »
ANyone know if anyone is selling live smelt in the moosehead lake region.  Headed up there Thursday and need some good bait.  Thanks in advance for the help
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

buddah

• Stick'em!
Re: Moosehead Bait
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 09:47 AM »
How was rangeley?Did you guys make it up?

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:52 AM »
2 bait shops in dexter one just before bud's shopnsave the other directly across from l. wasookeag picnic area both supply bait with oxygen pumped bags the first bait shop is good but l.wasookeag guy will  be open with phone call another bait shop is  called gramps 5-10 miles after monson not the greatest bait shop but it is there and of course indian hill tradepost mite have bait. definitly try the dexter bait shops first. can't remember name of shops just know the one before bud's is small and open most of time he lives on spot . and the wasookeag guy also lives there on spot so your chances are good to get bait at either shop good luck!!!

StarCraft

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 10:01 AM »
Thanks oldbluuu.....I usually buy icefishing bait at the one before bud's in dexter....do you know if they still have any smelt this time of the year?  Stanimal & I will be going through town around 6:00

Thestanimal

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 10:11 AM »
buddah,

We made it up to Rangeley...fishing was a little slow.  Caught 2 salmon saturday and last 4-5 others.  Sunday was little better we caught 5 salmon and lost 4-5 others.  Plenty of boats out there and it looked like others were catchign fish at about the same rate we were.  Hopefully StarCraft and I will have some better luck this weekend at Moosehead.

How about yourself-did you get out?

buddah

• Stick'em!
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 10:22 AM »
Well at least you had some action,iv'e seen it slower.I hit sebago with slammer saturday.3 salmon and a togue before 9 a.m. then nothing the rest of the day,well except for a couple doz. twisted tea's.That lake is killin my liver  ;D Me and ollblue are heading for the fish river chain for a few days this weekend maybe the action will be a little better up there.Good luck in the moosehead region.

olbluuu

• Go Big
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 10:52 AM »
the shop next to bud's travels for bait so he could have some and the shop at wassookeag has a pen in the lake so they both could have some even though most runs are over one more shop called gramps  just after monson on rt side not the greatest bait shop but another one to stop at good luck

Thestanimal

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Thanks for all the help guys!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.