FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Trip Report: Rain G Lake  (Read 1495 times)

THREECAR

Trip Report: Rain G Lake
« on: May 22, 2006, 04:47 PM »
Yes, we must rename Rangeley, the lake where you can enjoy all the four seasons before lunch. Yeah, it rained, and the wind blew, and it rained some more, and just when you think it could'nt blow easterly anymore, it did. The 35 knot Northerly blow we got friday afternoon was almost a welcomed change. It was a long hard ride from South Bog Cove back to Greenvale on friday afternoon  :o

But we did fish, and fished hard. They were not in the same places as last year (at least the bigger fish). The first two days brought a fair amount of smaller fish, with a few Brookies thrown in for fun. By day three I finally found some bigger stuff that would bite, and a 4 pounder was the bad boy of the day, with a few 3 pounders to boot.  These fish were West of The Park, an area we don't often fish. Full sink fly line rigs as well as the three color area both produced, and the bite on Saturday lasted all day. A good friend on another boat lost the kind of fish we all go there for, a brute jumper who took him half way through his backing before they got the rod out of the clamp. Many runs and jumps later, the boys were thinking about landing the fish when the nail knot failed on a hard run. The two guys in the boat know their fish and said it was all of 28"  Ouch  :cursing:

All in all it was a good trip. Surface temps were swinging between 48 and 50. Crowd could have been worse, saw some beautiful fishing boats. Had an angler beside us thursday morning hook, play, and land a 20" brook trout, a great looking fish. No one got hurt or arrested  8)

See you all on the lake   8)

Easterly still sucks

salmon44

Re: Trip Report: Rain G Lake
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:09 PM »
I was up there Sat. & Sun. morning and we did alright hooking 15 fish and landed approx. half of them all salmon 1 to 2 1/2 lbs.  Our smelt situation was'nt great and I think it hurt our chances for the big ones.  The other guys in our group had steady fishing landing a 3lb. 4ounce brook trout.  There were some very impressive clouds of smelt on the fish finder, especailly down by the state park.  Overall good time had by all except the one guy in our group who was concentrating too much on his partying and slept for 16 hours straight missing out on a lot of fishing, "lightweight".

Thestanimal

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 07:44 PM »
and that person would be Mark "I cannot hang anymore because I'm too soft" Olsen!!  "I'm all done" was the quote by 11 am.  1 word....WEAK!!!!
"Hope is the last thing a person does before they are defeated"  -Henry Rollins

ifishhi

• fall togue on a 6wt.....what a fight!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 08:04 PM »
i know a mark that sounds just like that. we call him eddy.

Brookiespecial

• Cast and Blast!!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 04:15 PM »
I am leaving for rangeley on Thursday, and wont be coming back home until Sunday, if I DECIDE to come back ever. Will be going with my father, grandfather and uncle, should be a hoot, especially when we put the beers to us! Report and pics upon my return.

Justin

salmon44

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Beautiful!  Have fun and good luck

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.