FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Pittsburgh Steelers  (Read 5116 times)

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Pittsburgh Steelers
« on: Jun 16, 2006, 08:45 AM »
Do you think Pittsburg is going to Drop Ben Rothelsberger because of his motorcycle accident?

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Re: Pittsburgh Steelers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 16, 2006, 08:47 AM »
The Guy wins you a Superbowl, you cant drop him, the fans would kill you.

You have to admit he was not to bright, he wears a helmet to work, why not on your bike. He has to much to lose to drive around like that

Reel Wet Ride

• Team Michigan
« Reply #2 on: Jun 16, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Not at all, they'll keep him until he startes losing. Which, since the "leg injury" stuff was all a bunch of crap, I'd say that won't be for at least another 2 or 3 seasons. We're talking about a guy who doesn't throw that much, doesn't run at all, so I'm pretty sure he can still hand it off with a messed up face.

In all seriousness, I feel bad for the guy. Prime of his life, on top of the world, and this happens. Hopefully others can look at this accident and see that everything can be taken away in seconds. Appreciate life and be smart. Even though MI is passing the "no helmet" law, I'd still never get on road w/o wearing one.

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 16, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Im From pittsbrugh and they wont drop ben because he is gonna be ready for the season and the fans would have a fit. steelers are keeping ben. He was interviewd yesterday and and he said "i'll wear a helmet next time" its a little late for that.
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 16, 2006, 08:24 PM »
im from pittsburgh too. hes staying he will probably play the first couple game and lose 2 out of 3 of them then the fans will turn on him and hate him. thats just how we work

snotrag

« Reply #5 on: Jun 16, 2006, 09:01 PM »
The thing that gets me most is that not only was he not wearing a helmet(okay, that's legal in PA), he didn't even have a motorcycle learners permit, much less a license.  What was he thinking?

jayswimmer09

• MUSKY ON!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2006, 09:46 PM »
thats the thing he wasnt thinking hes young and just won the superbowl. he thought he was king and that nothing would  happen to him.

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #7 on: Jun 18, 2006, 09:25 AM »
I'm from Pittsburgh originally and most of my family is still there.  And my logo on the left should tell you who I root for.

Ben screwed up - just like many of us probably did at 24 years old.  Not wearing a helmet comes from that youthful feeling of invincibility.  And don't forget, some of that cockiness is important to his successes on the field.

He may not have thrown much - and his SB performance was not good at all.  But his games against Indy and Denver in the playoffs - getting the Steelers out in front early with lots of passes were great.  They might have won the SB in spite of his play, but they were in the SB because of his play.

It's funny - most fans are either defending him up and down or ripping him a new a**hole over this.  I really am neutral.  The cops and insurance companies will figure out who's at fault.  He (and the driver of the car) is going to live.  The only way I will be angry over this is if it screws up football season in any way.  That remains to be seen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.