FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Chase Rules?  (Read 4511 times)

archbishop

Chase Rules?
« on: Jun 30, 2006, 10:23 AM »
have any of you seen that there changing the rules to the chase?
they need to just go back to the old format :tipup:

http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/opinion/06/29/smithson.chase.format/index.html

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Chase Rules?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2006, 06:04 AM »
I believe we have had this argument Arch. The Chase format works too well, Nascar can't go back. Nascar is not Rousch Racing, can't change crew chiefs, then go back 3 months later.

Mike ::)

archbishop

« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2006, 08:18 PM »
I believe we have had this argument Arch. The Chase format works too well, Nascar can't go back. Nascar is not Rousch Racing, can't change crew chiefs, then go back 3 months later.

Mike ::)

yeah but, why are they changing the rules again? as soon as a fan favorite, say JR. would have won under the old rules but lost the race for the chase under the new rules itll change, its a fans sport and dictated that way, gordon isnt a favorite amongst ticket holders so when he lost the championship the first year of the chase when he should have won his 5th championship it was no big deal, but when a fan favorite losses the same way itll be over :tipup:

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2006, 06:10 AM »
JJ isn't a fan favorite? He is on his way to losing his 3rd title. Has raced like a bat outa hell, just can't finnish the deal. Many, many teams have this happen to them in playoff style sports. LIke the Colts.

Mike

archbishop

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2006, 08:46 AM »
JJ isn't a fan favorite? He is on his way to losing his 3rd title. Has raced like a bat outa hell, just can't finnish the deal. Many, many teams have this happen to them in playoff style sports. LIke the Colts.

Mike

your right, i doubt JJ will win the title, even though he deserves one after the past few years, but its not about who deserves it, its who wants it most that takes it, like the colts, JJ will think he is a shoe in and breeze through only to loose the championship by less than 10 points ???

sbfpa_Mike

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2006, 12:01 PM »
I am adamant about 5 bonus points for a pole. :flex: Isn't it about time?? I would also think that a seperate points system might be a way to make the chase itself a bit more fair. I am more on the fence about this one, but think it might level the chase field a bit. What do you guys think? BTW, get over your aversion to the chase, it will not go away. :-\

Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.