FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: need new locator!!  (Read 1226 times)

rivyr rat

need new locator!!
« on: Jun 02, 2009, 08:38 AM »
My Hummin bird Wide Eye crashed this Spring and now am in need of new portable locator. Any info would be appreciated on newer models. Primarally used for depth and structure. Headed to Canada in couple of weeks so I need to get moving!! Thanks

hook em

Re: need new locator!!
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2009, 09:57 AM »

Now that's a loaded question..........So many choice's,so little time........

walleyeboater

« Reply #2 on: Jun 02, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Portable? I have a Humminbird 343c. Love it! It is portable, and can plug into trolling motor transducer, if equiped, which mine does. Good luck!

fish_tko

« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2009, 06:48 AM »
Lowrance 522C IGPS is a nice unit. You can buy the summer winter combo and get ice and soft water transducers, plus soft pack and battery. I am very happy with it.

basser85

« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Humminbird 383c a color screen GPS/fish finder for under $400, it is also available as a portable unit.

Walleyemaniac

« Reply #5 on: Jun 04, 2009, 07:55 AM »
   You can make any locator portable. I took a camera hard case and mounted the screen to it. Carry a battery just like in the winter units inside the case. The transducer suction cup you can buy seperate. I really like my humminbird side view for seeing that school of fish i just passed on lake mich. Depends also on how much you want to spend. CW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.