FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures  (Read 151779 times)

FishEnticer

Re: BIP Gang- Ponds and Lake Adventures
« Reply #675 on: Mar 09, 2016, 07:16 PM »
That's an awesome rigTom.  You'll have tons of fun with that big puppy.  :thumbup_smilie:
There’s just one thing that’s buggin me....I’ve added and subtracted till  I can’t see…With all the equipment that I have found....A fish cost me $50.00 a pound.

Dispy

« Reply #676 on: Mar 16, 2016, 07:41 AM »
That's an awesome rigTom.  You'll have tons of fun with that big puppy.  :thumbup_smilie:

Thanks John....she a keepah. I hope you had an enjoyable winter down south and happy to hear you are still around.
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Dispy

« Reply #677 on: Mar 16, 2016, 07:49 AM »
Saturday March 12, 2016:

The dam was finally closed on the seventh, a little too late considering our up stream feeders did not freeze therefore run off into the lake was next to nothing.......should give us a good fishery until mid June before the lake recovers to full pool. Providing Mother Nature dumps a lot of spring rains lake guest can expect to be able to draft a boat by mid June.

Picking up from the ice season, Ben Gallo and his brothers could not wait to get onto the lake via their canoe....they were not disappointed.....Shallow running stickbaits casted into 6" of water along perch spawning areas produced over 20 bass for these diehards. Water temps in the extremely shallow southern shorelines are at 45*f on sunny days  and the bite is on.

Ben's brother pictured with his personal best of the day:

"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Dispy

« Reply #678 on: Mar 25, 2016, 05:13 PM »
It is with great dismay that I alone, am facing a major back operation, one that will temporarily relieve me of my current circumstances. That alone is a great relief, however, on a larger scale I was told that I'll be in a wheel chair within 1.5 years..I do not wish for "well beings" or anything of the such. I put this out there so that those that follow our BIP Gang thread understand why it is that you are not seeing "the core" posting fish caught. Zach will be going to college on a football scholarship, Josh is awaiting greatness in the wings and I am left to figure it all out and how to keep it all together!

So if my posts of our patrons offend you in any way, I ask that you refrain from bashing and know that these are people that stand by us, me in times of uncertainty. Thanks in advance.

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
« Reply #679 on: Mar 25, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Good luck with your surgery, Tom.
Try to keep your head up about that wheelchair business.
Dr's have been wrong before!

George Burn's, myself and I'm sure many others have out lived both Dr's and their "predictions".  ;)

Remember..."Only the good die young". You may very well have  great chances.  ;D    

NH Trout Fisherman

• MFF Mod Team
  • FISHIN 4 BIG TROUT!
« Reply #680 on: Apr 20, 2016, 08:35 PM »
Tom. The thread is unlocked. Your inbox is full.

Dispy

« Reply #681 on: Apr 20, 2016, 10:31 PM »
Tom. The thread is unlocked. Your inbox is full.
Thank you Keith, box is cleared.

Dispy

« Reply #682 on: Apr 20, 2016, 11:14 PM »
Managed to hop aboard a few boats in Destin Florida, "the luckiest fishing village" in Florida. Beautiful 78-82 weather, no humidity and Gulf temps around 68 degrees.....$49.99 gets you on board with all gear provided for 12 hours per trip. Grouper, Yellow Fin, and Triggerfish were targeted on day one. Day two through four, I stayed  in shore targeting Cobia...what a trip...14 days in the sun with lots of fun...not mention finding a few nice places on the water with docks...may pull the trigger and trailer the Dusky down for the winter fishing season..... During the month of April a month long Cobia tournament takes place...seen some  hefty 80 pounders go up on the board along the Harborwalk. A few evenings were spent at the famous Jimmy Buffett's  Margaritaville, Coyote Ugly and AJ's. This perhaps is one of the best places in Florida to visit.  Vision, clarity and determination is what prompted my trip..only wished I had more time to visit New Orleans, Bourbon Street.

Back to reality, today I spent 4.5 hours at the New England Baptist Hospital Spine Center for the first step in what I hope to be great recovery. A piece of my L4 disc had broken off in October and lodged itself into my L4 nerve root, creating excruciating pain in my legs, at some points confining me to my bed for weeks and along with loads of frustration. My L5 disc was removed, cleaned up and shaped to provide de-compression, to say the least, it was down right scary and worrisome. So I am not even 24 hours out, walking again with zero sciatic and leg pains. The expected limited movement recovery is 3-4 months and dependent upon each patient, 1-2 years for full 100% recovery. I will miss most of the season, but will work harder and stay dedicated/focused upon my recovery and optimistic in "catching" the tail end of the Atlantic fishing season. Fingers crossed!

Zach (Troutski) departs for Hawaii at 3 am with the intention putting in a few days out on the Pacific Ocean. I look forward to his pictures, as he has a knack for catching the big ones ;D His reward for maintaining Honors with High Distinction in his senior year at high school.

BIP reports: water temps are hovering around 45*f, the main lake is draftable and she has been stocked with the typical Rainbows, Browns and Brookies. I have seen some pictures from a few bass fisherman hauling in some respectably sized largemouth.

A few pictures from my Florida trip, unfortunately I could not take selfies as I have a lifting restriction of 5 pounds placed upon me and found it very difficult to play and land any fish. Luckily, I explained my situation had an awesome "dedicated to me" mate to aid in my catches, so technically-shared catches:

After surgery, I was told to get up a walk, walk and more walk...so I enjoyed a 3/4 mile jaunt on the docks near the Mystic Power Plant.....really driving the itch to get out and fish..beautiful day and great smelling the NE salt:

FishEnticer

« Reply #683 on: Apr 22, 2016, 08:12 AM »

Tom so glad to hear things are going well with the surgery and your experiencing less pain.  The trip to Destin sounds like an awesome time.  A marathon trip for that price is not bad. Take care and good luck foward.
There’s just one thing that’s buggin me....I’ve added and subtracted till  I can’t see…With all the equipment that I have found....A fish cost me $50.00 a pound.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #684 on: Apr 23, 2016, 08:04 AM »
Tom looks and sounds like great time down there.

Amazing what the doctors can do. Hit the rehab hard that is the key. Good luck I wish you well.

Dispy

« Reply #685 on: Apr 28, 2016, 03:29 PM »
Thank you SeaHunt, FishEnticer and MeatnMetal for your kind words of encouragement. So far so good, been walking 2 miles a day to keep lucid, no physical therapy scheduled as of yet, but I have managed to loose the unwanted 20 pounds that I have gained since October...... that makes it slightly easier to gain an extra step or two without breaking a sweat. The bright side is that my blood pressure is at is lowest...119/72 versus 154/98.

I sincerely hope you are all out and nailing the fish. Between exercising "within reason", I have been mass producing some spinners that I am eagerly awaiting to try trolling at some point. It is really tough watching fish breaking water each evening knowing that they are out " of my reach" at the moment. Tight lines to all and may your fish lockers be full ;D

lavaman

« Reply #686 on: May 19, 2016, 02:52 PM »
nice clean boats they have down there. great pictures. makes me want to go to fla. hoping you a speedy recovery bud. I know this movement restriction is hurting you more than we know. at least your able to get some fishing in and time outdoors is better therapy than any rehab place. keep getting better. c ya on the water

Dispy

« Reply #687 on: Jun 06, 2016, 08:14 PM »
nice clean boats they have down there. great pictures. makes me want to go to fla. hoping you a speedy recovery bud. I know this movement restriction is hurting you more than we know. at least your able to get some fishing in and time outdoors is better therapy than any rehab place. keep getting better. c ya on the water
Thanks Kev, fishing has been non existent after surgery, however that is going to change. Josh and I are planning a striper assault this week, tides are lining up correctly for after school fishing.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #688 on: Jun 07, 2016, 05:22 AM »
Thanks Kev, fishing has been non existent after surgery, however that is going to change. Josh and I are planning a striper assault this week, tides are lining up correctly for after school fishing.

Good luck Tom I'm sure it will feel great to get out but take it easy. Baby Steps.

Dispy

« Reply #689 on: Jun 26, 2016, 09:14 PM »
Good luck Tom I'm sure it will feel great to get out but take it easy. Baby Steps.
Thanks Denny :)  " Gotta-Hav-It" is coming home on Wednesday....game on!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.