FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: anybody have anything to share?  (Read 7567 times)

abishop

anybody have anything to share?
« on: Aug 21, 2012, 06:38 PM »
Did anyone get out on this beautiful day and catch a few??? I am looking forward to getting out on Friday. Might go after some perch, hope they show up by then.

nitecrawler

Re: anybody have anything to share?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2012, 06:58 PM »
    Thinking about going myself friday. What lake are you going for those perch?

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2012, 07:47 PM »
Maybe lake Michigan-only if there are reports by then.

mschma000

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2012, 06:06 PM »
I will be trying out of new buffalo Sunday, I will post a perch report Sunday afternoon.

Get_the_Net

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22, 2012, 10:05 PM »
Never understood why people fail to go fishing unless they hear someone elses report that they are biting.  Usually by the time you hear they are biting the bite is over.  Make your own luck.  The best time to fish is anytime you can get out.  If you know what you are doing and know how to find your own fish, you don't need to rely on someone else reporting their success. 

abishop

« Reply #5 on: Aug 23, 2012, 01:19 PM »
Never understood why people fail to go fishing unless they hear someone elses report that they are biting.  Usually by the time you hear they are biting the bite is over.  Make your own luck.  The best time to fish is anytime you can get out.  If you know what you are doing and know how to find your own fish, you don't need to rely on someone else reporting their success. 
I agree, however lake michigan is a big lake and the perch are sometimes no where to be found. Not to worry I do catch fish, and i share with whoever wants a little help. lmmfao.

Boomer

« Reply #6 on: Aug 23, 2012, 02:12 PM »
Get the Net - sometimes I will ask for a report from Lake Michigan because it is a 4+ hour drive for me.  Sometimes I am coming up no matter what but now I sometimes hold back and wait to increase my odds of catching fish.  This summer I saw reports of steelhead being caught off the piers and my son and I were lucky enough to make the trip. We both wanted to go for perch but the bite was slow but we came prepared for steelies and did well.

Hope to see reports soon on the fall run of salmon. Wife has hand surgery late in Sept. Hope t ocome up before that.

Felix

• Myfishfinder Sponsor
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #7 on: Aug 23, 2012, 02:51 PM »
Don't think I have much Fishing left this year (untill Ice that is!!!). Have to get stands in order, gear in order, have a few weekend  commitments then it will be the 1st of October and I will be in the wood every second that i can be till its over! man the year goes by so fast..................  >:(
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 23, 2012, 09:03 PM »
Only when your Busy Felix.

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #9 on: Aug 23, 2012, 10:54 PM »
I caught a 10" perch today........on an inland lake.

princecraft

« Reply #10 on: Aug 24, 2012, 05:57 AM »
I've caught a few gills lately..

Felix

• Myfishfinder Sponsor
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #11 on: Aug 24, 2012, 08:29 AM »

a FEW...... really?!?  ::) ::)
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Fisher84

« Reply #12 on: Aug 24, 2012, 12:24 PM »

LOL! A few!?
If at first you don't succeed, don't go skydiving.

There are no fish in this river.... wait! what the.... I got one!!!

Get_the_Net

« Reply #13 on: Aug 24, 2012, 08:34 PM »
Get the Net - sometimes I will ask for a report from Lake Michigan because it is a 4+ hour drive for me.  Sometimes I am coming up no matter what but now I sometimes hold back and wait to increase my odds of catching fish.  This summer I saw reports of steelhead being caught off the piers and my son and I were lucky enough to make the trip. We both wanted to go for perch but the bite was slow but we came prepared for steelies and did well.

Hope to see reports soon on the fall run of salmon. Wife has hand surgery late in Sept. Hope t ocome up before that.

Driving four hours is one thing, but in that case I would try to get info from a charter captain or someone who you know yourself has been on the water in the last day or so.  2nd and 3rd hand information is rarely current or accurate as the story gets changed around a bit everytime it is told.  Baitshops are not always reliable either unless you know the owner personally.  They want to sell bait, so the fish are 'always' biting when you call them.  Odd how they are always biting the live bait that costs the most money!

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #14 on: Aug 25, 2012, 10:57 AM »

Spoken like a true "ice head". ;)

Waxie, that is the problem with these sites, mine included, they breed and nourish that mentality that you brought up.  Getting to know a lake takes days, weeks, years, and maybe even a decade.  Fishermen are not born over night, they like anything else, get good at what they do by doing it over and over again.  Some are better than others, but quite a few want what took years to learn handed over in 5 minutes on a keyboard. 

You are dead on.  Make your own luck.  Dont rely on what you see posted on the net as your determining factor as where to fish. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.