FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: anybody have anything to share?  (Read 7568 times)

Felix

• Myfishfinder Sponsor
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
Re: anybody have anything to share?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 26, 2012, 12:22 AM »
Spoken like a true "ice head". ;)

Waxie, that is the problem with these sites, mine included, they breed and nourish that mentality that you brought up.  Getting to know a lake takes days, weeks, years, and maybe even a decade.  Fishermen are not born over night, they like anything else, get good at what they do by doing it over and over again.  Some are better than others, but quite a few want what took years to learn handed over in 5 minutes on a keyboard. 

You are dead on.  Make your own luck.  Dont rely on what you see posted on the net as your determining factor as where to fish. 
Well Said!!
But i will also say responding to reports can also give confidence. And that can help!!! its a good way to get a guy started. forums cam be a great learning tool and also a GREAT networking tool.
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

retired-uaw

« Reply #16 on: Aug 26, 2012, 08:11 AM »
Yesterday was my Birthday. This is what Mother Nature gave me. The biggest Bass I ever caught. 6lbs even.
"WORK" is for people who don`t know how to "FISH"

abishop

« Reply #17 on: Aug 26, 2012, 10:58 AM »
Congrats that is the best kind of present.

Jig_Head

« Reply #18 on: Aug 26, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Nice bass. Whatd u get it on?

retired-uaw

« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2012, 07:14 PM »
Mepp's Spinner
"WORK" is for people who don`t know how to "FISH"

Jig_Head

« Reply #20 on: Aug 26, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Oh ok nice, thats 1 lure ive never tried before

Bronzebacker

• A-BOMB on I.S.
« Reply #21 on: Aug 28, 2012, 08:31 PM »

as far as the drive...just do it.  i had a couple hours to kill the otherday(after a 3 hr drive) and when i walked over the hill to my surprise in a mile of creek a fresh run of steelies had settled in. there were no tracks in the mud ...just me and about 300 steelies over 1000yds of creek. they were settled in and i even texted waxworm to get there cause it was like fishing for bedding gills...LOL 2.5 hours and went 17 for 23 on a VERY PUBLIC STRETCH!! they were crushing the spinner!!  was it luck.....nope!!
i watch the temps, moon phase, checked the flow, saw the wind on the lake and did the math!! i did get lucky in the number i landed but i knew there would be some there. Notice how quiet the boards have been...
now the word is out, the fish are spooky, idiots everywhere and its no fun. have to work just to get 8 or 10 in a trip.
also saw coho and some browns mixxed in. so there you go! fish are in the creeks! personally i enjoyed the solitude and briuses on on my arms....all because "i just made the drive" and did the math
will try to post the other pics and videos....kept sending them to others ....wish you were here!

Blueultra2

« Reply #22 on: Aug 29, 2012, 07:03 AM »
Bronzebacker.....It's been a long time since I've seen you!  Almost didn't recognize you with the new hairdo!   :blink: 

Prchmike

« Reply #23 on: Aug 29, 2012, 08:12 AM »
As far as sharing information isn't that what these sites are all about . I give as much as I take but if you can't throw a fellow fisherman a bone now and then maybe you shouldn't even be on a site like this. Just keep it all to yourselves and enjoy brothers :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X ;D
fishermen are born honest, but they get over it..

Get_the_Net

« Reply #24 on: Aug 29, 2012, 08:20 PM »
As far as sharing information isn't that what these sites are all about . I give as much as I take but if you can't throw a fellow fisherman a bone now and then maybe you shouldn't even be on a site like this. Just keep it all to yourselves and enjoy brothers :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X ;D

You completely missed the point I was making.  I said go fishing when you can and don't wait around for others reports to determine if you go or not.  Share info all you want, we all do it, but don't pin your fishing trips on what others are doing or reporting.  The best time to fish is whenever you can.

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #25 on: Aug 30, 2012, 08:44 AM »

I concur with everything that Get the Net(Waxie) said.

Mike, sure sharing info is what these sites are about.  I have been doing it quite a few years myself and have did my best to help out fellow anglers.  But just how much information should I give out?  Now that is an interesting question. 

Prchmike

« Reply #26 on: Aug 30, 2012, 10:24 AM »
rico I hear what your sayin and agree, I don't really want to give so much that I have a stranger sitting in my boat with me but giving enough to get a fellow fisherman pointed in a productive direction shouldn't be a problem to anyone who truly loves our great sport :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
fishermen are born honest, but they get over it..

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #27 on: Aug 30, 2012, 10:55 AM »
rico I hear what your sayin and agree, I don't really want to give so much that I have a stranger sitting in my boat with me but giving enough to get a fellow fisherman pointed in a productive direction shouldn't be a problem to anyone who truly loves our great sport :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:

Amen bro!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Get_the_Net

« Reply #28 on: Aug 30, 2012, 11:08 PM »

Agree...but we have all heard the saying 'give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him to fish, he eats for life'.  Being is fisherman isn't about just reading a tip like they are biting on lake X and going to that lake, following the crowd and catching a few.  Anyone can do that, until the reports stop telling you where they are biting or the crowds there shut the bite down.  A fisherman learns how to find the fish in a body of water by reading a map or using the boat and finder to locate probable areas based on the conditions and season.  I would much rather read a report that tells me what depth and technique someone has had success at and what they were using for bait, vs someone saying they are biting on lake X.  Unless you are in geographically different area, you should be able to take the info others are providing and apply it at about any lake in the area with the same species.  Like most things in today's society, people want everything given to them and don't want to put any effort in themselves to be successful.  I guess it is just a different mindset.  Some have confidence in ones ability and enjoy the challenge in finding fish without being told where they are.  Others just want to go catch and could care less about learning and improving their skills.

rico

• Give me some lovin'
« Reply #29 on: Aug 31, 2012, 05:15 AM »
Agree...but we have all heard the saying 'give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him to fish, he eats for life'.  Being is fisherman isn't about just reading a tip like they are biting on lake X and going to that lake, following the crowd and catching a few.  Anyone can do that, until the reports stop telling you where they are biting or the crowds there shut the bite down.  A fisherman learns how to find the fish in a body of water by reading a map or using the boat and finder to locate probable areas based on the conditions and season.  I would much rather read a report that tells me what depth and technique someone has had success at and what they were using for bait, vs someone saying they are biting on lake X.  Unless you are in geographically different area, you should be able to take the info others are providing and apply it at about any lake in the area with the same species.  Like most things in today's society, people want everything given to them and don't want to put any effort in themselves to be successful.  I guess it is just a different mindset.  Some have confidence in ones ability and enjoy the challenge in finding fish without being told where they are.  Others just want to go catch and could care less about learning and improving their skills.

Bingo Waxie. 

Reminds me of a story.  Quite a few years back I headed over to one of my local lakes to do some icefishing.  I arrived at my parking spot around 10:30 AM.  I noticed a guy in the area where I was heading but he was packing it up.  We met half way.  I asked him if he had any luck.  He said no and hadnt even gotten a bite.  He went on to add that he had read a fishing report on the web that a guy had been having success on that lake, in that spot, using a perch jigginrap right after sun-up.  I laughed and informed him that I was the one that made that report and that it was over a week ago.  I went on tell him that now I was having success on a blue and chrome rap, and that the good bite was right around noon.  He looked at his watch and then asked if I minded if he fished with me for a few hours.  I said let's cut some holes.  We walked out to where I had been fishing for 2 weeks.  After about 5 minutes of jiggin', the fella landed a 15" walleye.  He was ecstatic.  He looked over at me and asked why I hadnt updated my report.  To which I replied, "What do you want me to do, catch them for ya too?".  He laughed, but I was serious.................

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.