FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nh report  (Read 7657 times)

jibbs

Nh report
« on: Apr 05, 2013, 07:48 PM »
Ice went out today on a local lake...water was 41 to 43...ended up with three rats ...all on jerk baits ...hate jerkbaits but they are great cold water baits...all 3 were caught in the middle of coves in 8 to 10 feet of water ...getting a warm up soon...would live to switch to cranks...good luck
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Fishermantim

• I go where the water takes me!
Re: Nh report
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2013, 12:00 PM »
It's that time of year, when some fish are spawning, and others are getting into pre-spawn mode.
It's also the time of year that teaches you true patience.

The warm weather will soon spur on the fish to feed and then the fun will begin!!!
"God is playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh" (George Burns from "Oh, GOD")

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - The Existential Blues

jibbs

« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Went out again this weekend and tonight...water jumped 48 but still dead slow ..10 or so over the three days...jerkbait on a dead pause...painfully slow retrieve
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

jibbs

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2013, 08:00 AM »
tail of two days...on saturday i hit a pond that still had ice in the coves and water that ranged from 38 to 40 throughout the day...its a great cold water pond so i had hopes to get into them...had the ole trusty storm wigglewart on and bagged 3 in the first 30 minutes...all on the same rocky point and all on the same angle of retrieve...the biggest of the day went just under four and the smallest was around 2 1/2...ended the day with 8 and one pesky pickeral...sunday i went to a river and i should of stayed home...high, cold, and fast moving water made conditions brutal...fished for 4 hours and alternated between a jig, square bill, and spinnerbait...not a single taste..wish the air temp would warm up...feels like summer is so far away, but its really so close...here;s a look...they were choking down that storm wiggle wart

jibbs

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25, 2013, 05:14 AM »
Bite us still up and down...a big cold front came in kept the water temps in the low 50's...nice stretch of weather coming so that will help...swim jig is starting to come around ...first tourney Saturday..let the season begin

TinyTim

• MFF Mod Team
  • PB 7.05 lbs.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 25, 2013, 06:58 AM »
Good Job Jibbs, good luck Sat.!

jibbs

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25, 2013, 03:40 PM »
Good Job Jibbs, good luck Sat.!
thanks...river fishing is tough early in the year...lakes and ponds are so much easier to figure out...thanks again and good luck out there

jibbs

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27, 2013, 05:02 PM »
Tough bite...the females starting coming up around 200...picked one up early on a swim jig...220 got my second and then culled 10 minutes later...talk about down to the wire...took first overall but plenty of season to go

pipes18079

« Reply #8 on: Apr 27, 2013, 07:38 PM »
Nice job! Got my first one of the year next Sunday not going to be pretty its on winni cold cold water still I guess. Hope this week warms her up a bit to bring some fish shallow.

jibbs

« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2013, 06:22 AM »
Nice job! Got my first one of the year next Sunday not going to be pretty its on winni cold cold water still I guess. Hope this week warms her up a bit to bring some fish shallow.
lee mills pipes....21 lb bag for last week in a tourney won it

TinyTim

• MFF Mod Team
  • PB 7.05 lbs.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2013, 12:15 PM »
Tough bite...the females starting coming up around 200...picked one up early on a swim jig...220 got my second and then culled 10 minutes later...talk about down to the wire...took first overall but plenty of season to go
Well done! Gotta love those last min bag fillers. :)

jibbs

« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Well done! Gotta love those last min bag fillers. :)
thanks...the water jumped almost 5 degrees from the morning..I guess I made the right decisions but it was an easy one...my practice pattern was non existent

pipes18079

« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2013, 07:14 PM »
lee mills pipes....21 lb bag for last week in a tourney won it
yeah I was thinking up making the haul up that end. Figure LM over small lies for this one. 

jibbs

« Reply #13 on: Apr 30, 2013, 06:21 PM »
Rats everywhere...water has warmed to 65...spawn should start this weekend

pipes18079

« Reply #14 on: Apr 30, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Rats everywhere...water has warmed to 65...spawn should start this weekend
smoked em on tash yesterday couldn't keep em off the jig all up tight and on docks. Today hit massy in am and onway in afternoon only boated three from massy a smallie and two runt largies. :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.