FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cooney  (Read 9020 times)

Taco Juan

Re: Cooney
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 08:50 PM »
Sounds like a good day redneck thank you for the report. We're you bank fishing or boating it?

mt.redneck

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 01:36 PM »
Sounds like a good day redneck thank you for the report. We're you bank fishing or boating it?

I was out in my float tube. was probably in 20-30 feet of  water most of the time
God bless and tight lines!

onefish wonder

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 01:42 PM »
How hard is it to get into the walleyes on cooney if your fishing from shore and what are the bait restrictions? Are there northerns in there and if I were to want to fish smallmputh on the river are there any locations or tips?
Just Feed' em

Taco Juan

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 06:06 PM »
How hard is it to get into the walleyes on cooney if your fishing from shore and what are the bait restrictions? Are there northerns in there and if I were to want to fish smallmputh on the river are there any locations or tips?
This time of year you can get into the eyes pretty well from the bank at night. You can't use live minnows but you can use dead ones or cut bait. I've done best with worms and I've heard leeches can be good. There's no pike in there or bass, if you want a full list of what's in there go to the MT FWP website and you can get all the info you need. Good luck

jhammer5150

« Reply #19 on: Feb 16, 2015, 12:00 PM »
Has the ice receded on Cooney enough to get a boat in? Sad to see ice season end already, but I'm ready to get the boat out... ;D

jhammer5150

« Reply #20 on: Mar 22, 2015, 09:29 AM »
Well, thanks for nothing. Had the boat on the lake yesterday. No fish, but made sure everything on the boat was working. Trolled around for a few hours before the wind got too bad. Water temp was in the low 40s. Only marked a few fish, had one strike, but at least we got out...

Taco Juan

« Reply #21 on: Apr 03, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Don't expect a lot of feedback here ive heard of people catching and heard of people getting skunked. I'll be out tomorrow and I may report back depending on how successful i am. If you were expecting another ice shanty quality site youve come to the wrong place.

OTTOCAR

« Reply #22 on: Apr 04, 2015, 01:09 PM »
Don't expect a lot of feedback here ive heard of people catching and heard of people getting skunked. I'll be out tomorrow and I may report back depending on how successful i am. If you were expecting another ice shanty quality site youve come to the wrong place.
I'll second that Ice shanty quote!!

OTTOCAR

« Reply #23 on: Apr 04, 2015, 01:11 PM »

I'll second that!!

Jason watts

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2015, 07:10 PM »
I've only fished coney early spring but would like to get there more

Big Billy

« Reply #25 on: Mar 23, 2017, 06:05 PM »
is there any other soft water sights comparable to ice shanity?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.