FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Salamonie Report  (Read 2920 times)

bigr

Salamonie Report
« on: Oct 31, 2013, 01:50 AM »
Bite is on. Lots of fish being caught from shore fishermen as well as boat. Two foot or less  in the back of coves and off points. Jig and bobber combo working well, any color. You'll have to sort thru lots of 8 to 10's but should have no problem getting a nice mess of 10 to 12s. Beach area and off 105 are good areas right now as well as dora boat ramp area, right in main lake. Hope the rain does'nt hurt us too much but most likely will cause some short term issues (clairity). Good luck.   

crappiehunter

Re: Salamonie Report
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2013, 07:35 AM »
Awesome
Crappie, Bass, Gills, Eyes, Pike, anything that swims!!

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2013, 07:44 AM »
Thanks for the report!  Will they bite all fall?  I have a week of vacation in mid November, and might drive down to fish a day.

bigr

« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2013, 08:37 AM »
Mid nov will be good as long as the water conditions stay good. So far today the rain has come slow and light, it should soak in and not be muding things up. By mid nov pirates cove in the lost bridge west camp area as well as the dora boat ramp area should be prime, also very easy to fish from shore.

Boomer

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2013, 05:30 PM »
Great report. Hope you can get over after this rain. My wife has been nagging me for a couple of weeks to get up there.  Can,t wait for ice too!

gilldan

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2013, 06:42 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Hope to hit when I get back from vacation next week.

Boomer

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2013, 01:24 PM »
Bigr, how much rain did you guys get out of the storm yesterday???  Was thinking about coming up on Sunday. Sort of a long trip but enjoy the lake.  Would getting live bait be worth it or would you suggest just tube jigs? Colors?  Thanks ahead of time.

bigr

« Reply #7 on: Nov 04, 2013, 05:16 AM »
Sorry Boomer i didn't get back to my puter til now. We got around an inch of rain. I fished sunday and the water was dirty from beach up stream but clear from there to dam. Bite was slow for me. I would get 2 or3 fast then nothing. Wind gave me some problems ended up fishing spots i really did want to fish. Didn't see anyone else fishing. Minnows will work well but not worth the extra effort when the fish are biting. Forecast is for more rain this week, again if we don't get to much rain and water conditions don't change fishing should be good.

Boomer

« Reply #8 on: Nov 04, 2013, 04:27 PM »
Thanks bigR

Cud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.