FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Catfishing on Marias River  (Read 2290 times)

wyogator

Catfishing on Marias River
« on: Apr 01, 2014, 05:47 PM »
I was just wondering how the catfishing is on the marias River, and where to go around Shelby.  Also, is it better to float the river, or fish from the bank?

wyogator

Re: Catfishing on Marias River
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2014, 01:44 PM »
We really need to get more people to join MFF.  It's been two days without a single reply.  If this were Ice Shanty, I would have had three replies by now.

robbi

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2014, 06:36 PM »
I can reply but I don't have any information.........LOL.   :o   I don't know anyone that fishes the Marias except for the Loma area.  And there it's only from shore, unless you want to go down to where it meets the Missouri, then you need a boat.  That's the only stretch I've ever fished and it was for Sturgeon, with catfish as a bonus.

strgon84

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Same here man. loma in a few weeks. i can tell ya widow has been producing, not for me, but for others. heading down way before daylight on sat. last weekend i couldnt hookup. i know they were cats the way they hit.
beer on! hold my fish!

doublehaul

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2014, 10:32 PM »
You can google the word catfish and Montana. You might find a lot of info.  ;)
Promoting catfishing in the great plains states

wyogator

« Reply #5 on: Apr 04, 2014, 01:12 PM »
Thanks a lot for the replies.  I don't know a whole lot about catfishing.  I usually fish for walleye, northern and perch on Tiber, Nelson and Frances, or fly fish for trout in the mountains.  I have caught channel cats in reservoirs and the Milk. They are good eating.  This is something new that I want to get into this summer.

hardwater

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2014, 10:27 AM »
I've heard good stories about the section of river between Tiber Dam and 223. 

icing_perch

« Reply #7 on: Apr 07, 2014, 10:48 AM »
I have been out to the Marias a couple times over the last week with minimal success.  A few skinny burbot and small eyes and sauger.  Tons of suckers but no cats so far at Loma bridge.  I was doing good for cats at Widow Coulee a couple weeks ago.  I have been down twice since then with a total of 2-3 cats.  I have been fishing Virgelle Ferry area and have picked up some cats but smaller than the ones I was getting at Widow.  Still seems a little early for the cats to really be going.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.