FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!  (Read 286530 times)

big_guy_13021

Re: Panfish Maniacs !!!!!
« Reply #975 on: Apr 22, 2018, 10:24 PM »
Tried 9 spots today ,,,1 carp..1 white perch ...1 walleye...😘🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #976 on: Apr 22, 2018, 11:25 PM »
Well took boat out Saturday on port bay...and total bust...was looking for gills and crappie and couldn't find either...should 've known better last couple years had tuff time finding them early. Don't know what i'm doing wrong
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Pequod1

« Reply #977 on: Apr 23, 2018, 04:00 AM »
Nothing John.  The water temps are killing us right now. 38-39 on both Keuka and canandaigua Saturday. I know a number of great panfishermen that did  only a few or no fish. Meanwhile, lakers are all over enjoying the cold. 

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #978 on: Apr 23, 2018, 07:41 AM »
yea thanks...it sure makes you question yourself...chances are if i tried for perch...could have maybe done better but as hinkydo said...it was slow for him at fair haven as well...i've done well from shore for gills and few crappie at east bay but i just wanted to get out in the boat.
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #979 on: Apr 23, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Nothing John.  The water temps are killing us right now. 38-39 on both Keuka and canandaigua Saturday. I know a number of great panfishermen that did  only a few or no fish. Meanwhile, lakers are all over enjoying the cold.
with water temp.in the 30's fish for them where you were getting them ice fishing,my water temps are mid 40's
i find them  at rims, deep water ,and about 10ft about a foot off bottom,i use a 14 hook jig with a spike no movement
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

wally13

« Reply #980 on: Apr 23, 2018, 11:13 PM »
has to warm  up water temp

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #981 on: Apr 24, 2018, 03:48 AM »
with water temp.in the 30's fish for them where you were getting them ice fishing,my water temps are mid 40's
i find them  at rims, deep water ,and about 10ft about a foot off bottom,i use a 14 hook jig with a spike no movement
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
I hit a local spot for crappie with not a lot of luck yesterday.  Anchored down outside the local underemployed navy with 15 minutes before I had to leave.  Still no luck and didn't see anyone else doing much.  Tied on a 1/80 oz. jig and a tiny plastic spike with thoughts of hitting different water in the morning for gills.  Put 10 keeper crappie in the boat on 12 casts and had to leave with them biting......
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #982 on: Apr 24, 2018, 07:03 AM »
I hit a local spot for crappie with not a lot of luck yesterday.  Anchored down outside the local underemployed navy with 15 minutes before I had to leave.  Still no luck and didn't see anyone else doing much.  Tied on a 1/80 oz. jig and a tiny plastic spike with thoughts of hitting different water in the morning for gills.  Put 10 keeper crappie in the boat on 12 casts and had to leave with them biting......
for crappies i have my best luck with BROWN/ORANGE 1-1/2in tubes[make sure ALL the tail parts on the tubes tail are cut ]so they move,just find what part of the water column the crappies are in.i put this tube/ jig under a bobber,keeping the tube about -1FT- above the fish ,then let rig set for a min. now just move the bobber a SMALL dist. let it set -keep doing this--the key is where in the water column they are
hope this helps
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT 
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #983 on: Apr 24, 2018, 07:04 AM »
yesterday the temp hit 70 with 2 days of sun and  days getting longer , the  gills and sunfish are  going  and  I been hitting crappies ...you have to stop trying to figure out the weather and spend some time on the water
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #984 on: Apr 24, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Hey trapper. Top of the page, hold your cursor over "Profile", click on "Forum Profile". Click in the little circle next to "No Avatar."  ;D
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

trapper2000

« Reply #985 on: Apr 24, 2018, 08:13 AM »
ok I did it ....whats that do?

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #986 on: Apr 24, 2018, 08:17 AM »
Lol. oops. Then after that, down at the bottom right of the page click "Change Profile".
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #987 on: Apr 24, 2018, 08:20 AM »
That should get rid of that big ugly grey thing.  ;D

big_guy_13021

« Reply #988 on: Apr 24, 2018, 12:29 PM »
I must be in a slump yet I spent 7 hrs Sunday out and about..I left home with an empty bucket I came home with an empty bucket..did notice water is very cold here yet ..I did talk to my buddy that is a game warden he was all over no one had fish ..but he tipped me on where the crappie are just starting on Cayuga lake...

trapper2000

« Reply #989 on: Apr 24, 2018, 12:52 PM »
big guy call me i'll hook ya up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.